Koso-sensor for Oiltemperature

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Qwertz 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Qwertz
    Participant

Hey,

would like to share a simple mod. Just added a Koso Coin Temperature Sensor to have an eye on Oil temp, main target is to keep myself calm till the oil is warm enough.

Mod itself is not a tricky one, just removed the tank covers to have proper routing for the sense lines. Power will be taken from the ACC lines behind the front lamp. The sensor itself is a additional one, not the one included in the set, you need M10x1.0 thread size. Place for sensor was just copied from some posts in the ktm forum, same engine on duke 690, so should not be an issue. One hint, when removing original screw, have a look on the small copper ring, it took me 30 minutes to get it out from a corner of the exhaust, after loosing.

• This topic was modified 5 months ago by  Qwertz.
    • This topic was modified 5 months ago by  Qwertz.

elpedro
    Participant

Thanks for posting these photos! I’ve been trying to figure out how to remove the damn tank fairings/covers… seems that the filler cap has to be removed in order to do so?

Qwertz
    Participant

Exactly. Btw, you just need to remove the 3 long screws on the cap. The other 3 don´t have function, just for optical reason.

elpedro
    Participant

Yep, I figured that out very quickly, thanks.

I got the fuel filler cap off, but the fairings/covers still won’t budge and I’m afraid that they’ll break if I pull too hard. Do I unclip the big hooks at the bottom sides first (and work my way up) or do I start around the filler opening? What’s the trick to removing them?

Qwertz
    Participant

I started removing the covers in the area around the cap. With slightly pressing and pulling you can loosen the clips on the whole upper side, one by one. Once its loose and the 1st cover can be taken off, just turn it away with lower side still attached to the tank. After some degrees you´ll recognize that the lower clip turns out smoothly and you have the whole part in your hands. That´s how I did, but might also be possible the other way round. The covers are quite flexible, take a little care and nothing will happen…

elpedro
    Participant

Thanks for the tips. Is there a side that should be removed first? Right or left?

Qwertz
    Participant

Urgs, now you got me. Yes one side needs to be removed before the other. It’s due to the area at the cap. But I dont remember which one 1st, but you should be able to see it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.