K&N kit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Justin 33
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Space saver</p>

projek701
    Participant

Looks good, you were able to install all of this without removing the airbox?

Reed
    Participant

What is the advantage of using a K&N cone filter inside the airbox over using the K&N flat replacement filter designed to fit into the airbox?

The flat filter seems to have more surface area, and you can’t see it. So I’m curious why you would go this route?

David Brazil
    Participant

Agreed with previous post – the large volume of the airbox is good. Putting a K&N in front of it bypasses that positive.

Not sure this is a good move. You can put a square filter that has the same area in the OEM location AND that flows more than the OEM filter, so I’m not sure of the benefit. Although, there may be one for racing purposes.

For reference, see the Pirate setup – they have a long intake tract prior to the filter.

Also, Pirate has a sensor on the tract – I’m not sure if you bypassed the OEM location of this sensor with your setup.

Just some thoughts. Good luck to you.

Justin 33
    Participant

I just replaced it with the cone filter for more space is all. It didn’t make a performance difference either way.

Justin 33
    Participant

Didn’t have to remove the air box.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.