Keep catalytic shrouds with decat?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    duvinclunk
    Participant

Hey guys. This may have been covered before but haven’t seen an answer yet. I just picked up a Vitpilen and the previous owner gave me an Arrow decat. I’d like to install it but do not want to lose the current shrouds that are attached to the factory catalytic converter. Does anyone offer a bracket that would allow the use of these shrouds with a decat? Would love to see if anyone has done this before.

Qwandree

I don’t know of anyone successfully doing that. The belly pan mounts directly on the cat. The decat link pipes are significantly smaller and narrower than the cat (at least mine is).

A bracket could probably be fabbed and welded but I don’t think you’d find any existing aftermarket parts for the arrow system.

duvinclunk
    Participant

I was also considering finding another used cat, and cutting it open and only keeping the top and sides where the shrouds mount to and having the decat run through. Haven’t pulled everything off to know if this is possible but an interesting idea.

Fredde
    Participant

I have also looked into this since I also think that removing those covers ruins the lines underneath the bike and the only solution, except building one yourself, seems to be to try to order the decat with new mounts included from Bad Winners in France. Not sure if they sell it separately or you have to buy a whole kit/stage of modifications.

duvinclunk
    Participant

I’ll give Bad Winners a look to see what they’d offer. I’m in the U.S. too so wonder if that would be an issue.

duvinclunk
    Participant

Ordered this piece from Bad Winners!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.