IT'S NOT A GROM!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JohnnyLightning
    Participant

…doesn’t even resemble it

GorData
    Participant

I know what you saying but the only reason I got the Vitpilen was because I had a custom Grom. The Grom was my first bike and I was modifying it when I saw the prototype of the Vitpilen and I knew that if that was ever released I would buy and here I am…

Macloven
    Participant

Me too. Had a Grom and brought it in for a recall. The svartpilen had just arrived at the dealer and caught my eye. Within weeks Grom sold and svartpilen in the garage. The cost to get the Grom to perform the way I wanted was close to the spread between what I sold it for and the husky. The Grom, like the huskys is about a bike being fun, not just going for numbers. Honda created a market with the Grom and hopefully  the husky pair will do the same. Fun and accessible.

galavoxx
    Participant

I’ve had people say the same thing. They look nothing alike!!

JohnnyLightning
    Participant

Truth is, I didn’t even know what a Grom was until the 4th-5th time I was asked…and by then, I just had to look it up.

First off, the Grom has a tiny displacement…125cc (which is fine but it’s not even in the same category), and the wheels are what…12″? Sorry, but this is a mini bike. So what makes it similar? A single cylinder, two wheels and that it’s available in white…nothing else, really.

Well, this all led me to do some math. I’ve had my bike since May 3rd, 2018 (4.5mo/18wks) and to date I’ve been asked the same question exactly twelve times so I’ve calculated these figures, which averages out to 0.666 times a week…meaning, either this is Satan’s bike or I’ll have to answer this question 34.632 times a year.

CanisMoto
    Participant

Vitpilen = Badass

Grom = just ass

mitch
    Participant

Have you tried avoiding eye contact with other humans? That’s what I do and I haven’t heard about a Grom once.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.