Info/review of Smart Moto kits for elimination of SAS/SLS, EVAP and O2 sensor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TorstenTorsten
    Participant

Hi Guys!

Here is some info and a review of the following four kits that I’ve ordered from Smart Moto. I will not go into why you should(or shouldn’t) install these, since that question is already discussed elsewhere.

• PVE-081 EVAP / Canister Removal kit
    • PVE-030 SAS Valve Eliminator kit
    • BLP-201 SAS Eliminator Block Off plate
    • OSE-511 O2 (Oxygen) Sensor eliminator kit

Purchase of the kits from Smart moto
    Since I live in Sweden and wanted to get the parts for the mods as quick as possible I searched for a seller in Europe and found Smart moto in Greece. They have a store on eBay but it was a bit cheaper to order it directly from their webpage so I went with that option. I placed the order on the evening of the may 5th and received a message the day after that it has been shipped. And on the 14th of May I received the notification that the package was ready for pickup at my local UPS carrier.

PVE-081 EVAP / Canister Removal kit 

PVE-081

First of check out the installation instruction for the kit

https://smartmoto-electronics.com/evap-system-removal-kit-installation-en

As you can see this does not show the exact components on the Svartpilen/Vitpilen 701. But the principle is the same and I didn’t have any trouble following the instructions.

On Step 3 you have two options either block the pipe from the cylinder or remove the nipple on the cylinder. I went with removing the nipple. At first it looked kind of tricky but I managed to do it with quite an ordinary socket and drive socket extension.

However the bolt that was supposed to replace to nipple was too long and bottomed out so I had to replace the copper washer with a thicker one. So pay attention to this since it’s a bit tricky to see when mounting the bolt.

On the last step you need to get a bit creative, I decided to re-route the pipe to the ground using a fuel hose(not included in kit)

PVE-030 SAS Valve Eliminator kit and BLP-201 SAS Eliminator Block Off plate

PVE-030

BLP-201

First of check out the installation instruction for the kits

https://smartmoto-electronics.com/installation-smartmoto-sas-valve-eliminator-kit-en

https://smartmoto-electronics.com/video-guide-smartmoto-sas-removal-kits-husqvarna-701-en

As you can see this does not show the exact components on the Svartpilen/Vitpilen 701. But the principle is the same and I didn’t have any trouble following the instructions.

I had two problems with this installation. The plastic bung that seals the airbox when the hose from the SAS valve is removed was really hard to fit to the airbox. I can’t tell if the bung is to big or if it’s the hard plastic material that is the problem but either way it didn’t feel quite right.

The second problem was that the dimensions of the connector was a little bit off so the locking mechanism didn’t work when connecting it to the harness on the bike. I solved this by securing the connectors together with a cable tie instead.

OSE-511 O2 (Oxygen) Sensor eliminator kit

OSE-511

Not much to add. Remove the O2 sensor, install the blanking plug, connect eliminator plug and voilà it’s done!

Final thoughts

I have nothing to complain about regarding the price and delivery. The problems I encountered during the install where minor but a bit frustrating. If I have had the resistor values for the SAS/SLS and EVAP eliminator plugs in beforehand I probably would have cut the wires and soldered them directly to the bikes harness and skipped buying those kits. For the O2 sensor I’m more interested in keeping the ability to connect it later on and the blanking plate for the SAS is well worth the 16,5€ it cost. And as a final note Badwinners.com also sells the smart moto kit if you want a third option on where to buy them.

Participant

nice review!

Did you consider Rottweiler Performance? The have a very clean and easy kit. Looks great on the bike as well.

Here are all of their parts for the 701, scroll down to view the kit.

Participant

Wow Rottweiler has a bunch of stuff. I’m looking at their handle bar weight here:

https://www.rottweilerperformance.com/fasst-company-threaded-anti-vibration-handlebar-inserts/

trying to figure out how these work.  Anyone know if you could you use these with the husky bar end mirrors?

TorstenTorsten
    Participant

Thanks!

Yes, but since they are located in the US I figured the delivery time would be longer than from  Smart Moto in Greece since I live in Europe.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.