I called 5 exhaust manufacturers about their plans for the 701…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    WvblackgunWvblackgun
    Participant

Here it is, hope to save you all a bit of calling:

Leo Vince: OK, they obviously have that De-Cat that a few people in Europe already have. Also, you’ll notice that it’s out of stock on their website. Officially there is no part number for it in the USA yet, and he said to keep an eye out in 6 weeks ish. You may have also noticed that near the bottom, there were links to pdfs, but also photos. Including a 701 with their De-Cat and an LV-10 GP style muffler. Also one with those GP duals. When I called them, they kindly told me that they 100% WILL offer the LV-10 and the GP Duals for the 701. Obviously using the decat kit with the muffler WILL require a retune. He Guestimated that the LV-10 will run about $200. I believe he said 6  weeks ish on the muffler as well.

Here is a photo of the black LV-10 and the De-Cat Kit:

Werkes USA: They have interest but need access to a bike in Oregon. This was the one where I really wanted to hear them say “We are already on it”

Yoshimura: Has ZERO interest. they claim the bikes wont sell. What they really mean is they wont do the volume of GSXRs or CBRs so they aren’t going to support the Vitpilen. They aren’t into making stuff for European bikes (My words, not theirs). I’ll have to rethink my dirt machine exhaust purchases.

New Rage Cycles: only makes a pipe for the ducati scrambler, not set up for mass manufacture of multiple pipes

2 Brothers: they are very interested and urged me to check back in a few months, and said that I was not the 1st to call him on it. They seemed interested and asked me a lot of Q’s about my Vitpilen

Sorry, I did not ask about the 401s. Based of What leo vince is currently doing for the 701, and NOT doing for the 401, they will probably come later.

Im simply not going to drop $900 on a pipe that isn’t loud AT ALL just bc they are only ones making one, idc if it IS an akra. I want my Vit to be Outrageously loud/Atleast Brutal…. Leo-Vince assured me that the Lv-10 will be just that @ $200

Disclaimer: the Akra is  great pipe, just not what I want.

Participant

“Yoshimura: Has ZERO interest. they claim the bikes wont sell. What they really mean is they wont do the volume of GSXRs or CBRs so they aren’t going to support the Vitpilen. They aren’t into making stuff for European bikes (My words, not theirs). I’ll have to rethink my dirt machine exhaust purchases.”

Well should I tell them the one for the 690 Duke fits? Seriously, it’s not 100% perfect but everything clears and the brake lever is going to hit before the exhaust does. The only thing they would have to do is shorten the connection pipe 1/2″ to 3/4″ to make it perfect. Sound without the Db killer is pretty good.

WvblackgunWvblackgun
    Participant

That’s awesome. Looks great, too.

Participant

Hi all, I am in the U.K. and I can’t find an exhaust for my 701. I need it to sound as good as it looks. Someone please help!

Participant

I would like to see something along the lines of the leo vince underbody pipe they do for the super duke, arrow makes something similar.

https://www.leovince.com/line/leovince-underbody-stainless-steel

Participant

IMO, not all things come as you’d exactly want them. Find your inspiration and build it. I have a Leo decat coming (backordered until September) and am fabricating a link from the decat to an s&s factory ftr750 muffler.  I think this will be as loud as you can get without compromising performance.  I plan on building my version or a tracker since who knows if we will ever see them over here in the states.

QwandreeQwandree

Thanks for looking into all this. Hope some updates come.

Participant

I have just contacted Remus and they told me that they will release a pipe by the end of the year.

They already offer one for Vitpilen 401.

Check out their website:

https://remus.eu//

Since its an austrian bike, an austrian exhaust would be reasonable 😉

Unfortunately I don’t know if it will be available in the US.

Greetings from Austria

WvblackgunWvblackgun
    Participant

Greetings from West Virginia! hopefully they do offer it stateside. Will keep tabs on it. Ride safe, friend!

Participant

@Dominik

do you have any infos on the state of the Remus Vit-701 exhaust? Its already mid Feb. and I can’t finde anything on the website of Remus. And I wrote them an E-Mail but did not get a response from them.

SteveSteve
    Participant

@Swisspilen, gemäss Aerotechnik wird er erst im Herbst kommen

in Switzerland end of year 2019 not bevor i had a short chat with the disti from Remus for Switzerland

Participant

@Swisspilen, @Steve, schade das zu hÜren, finde ich ehrlich gesagt etwas schwach von Remus.

Too bad to hear that.

That will be almost 2 years (seasons) after the bike´s release.

My last information was from the bike fair in Tulln (Austria), where Remus staff told me that they will probably release it in spring. However, I guess your distributor is better informed.

Participant

@Steve,@Dominik, schade. Existiert ein Mittelschalldämpfer der legal ist, fßr die 701?

Oh these are sad news. Does any legal exhaust exist? I want to keep the original muffler at the end bit wand to replace the „bread box“ under the Motorcycle for one with a better sound. But I can only finde ilegal decat pipes or slip-on mufflers.

CpogagneCpogagne
    Participant
    geoguidegeoguide
    Participant

Sounds like Remus isn’t going to be out until next fall 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.