Husqvarna license plate holder accessory.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Plate holderHas anyone purchased the factory vitpilen 401 license plate holder for the vitpilen 401? I purchased mine from a dealer 2 weeks ago and haven’t seen it arrive yet. Curious if anyone has gotten there hands on one yet and their thoughts. I like it better than the tail tidy from what I can tell.

Participant

I bought it and mounted it. He is very good, well finished and very solid. The installation instructions are partly incorrect. The passage of the flashing cables and the plate lighting must be reversed. Take care when mounting the plate light, screw in the plastic and it is very fragile.

Keymaster

Unfortunately these aren’t available in the US, yet anyway.

Participant

Wonder why I was able to order from the dealer then?

Participant

After waiting 6 weeks for it to arrive I finally was given a date it was to be at my dealer. On that date I called and was told there was a fitment issue and they were all recalled. No available date for a replacement will be issued. Lame. I hope the tail tidy works ok. I ordered it.

Participant

I got one of those.

They are 15cm too long so i cut it apart and welded it up.

I only used the mounting-ends of it. Nowthe plate sits under the light as it should.

How can Husqvarna even design sell such an ugly thing?

D

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Because they have to comply with the stupid EU ruling that states that the number plate must sit behind the rear tyre.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.