Husky Mirrors

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Has anyone tried the Husky mirrors? Is the view past your elbows the same as stock or worse?

• This topic was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatarslow husky.
    B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

I got the mo.view classic, glassless mirrors.

I can actually see a bit of what’s behind me.

With the stock ones, looking in the mirror only reassured me that my jacket was in fact a Dainese and that logo was still attached.

Participant

Did you get the xl version? Any pics that show where it ends up relative to the handle bar end?

And does the metalmirror scratch easily?

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

I haven’t scratched it yet, supposedly harder than glass

I have the 150mm ones, the xl are 180mm.

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

Participant

I really like those and had looked at them, but I’ve been wary of the polished lens… I mean, I’ve never broken a glass mirror in 30 years of riding. I’ll have to look at them again!

You can really see past your elbows with those? They do look shorter than the stock ones.

C

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

I can definitely see behind me, whereas with the stockers I could see only my jacket – that part where the Dainese logo is between shoulder and elbow.

The position is different, and that’s what seems to makes the difference for me.

I cant guarantee they will work for anyone else, but sure I was glad I had them the other day when I saw an ambulance come flying up me the other day.

And as far as scratching goes, I treat them normally and they have shown no signs of submission to even the toughest of paper towels.

Participant

Thanks for the feedback! I’m really tempted…

Participant

Slow Husky-

I absolutely HATED the original ‘bug eye’ mirrors (I felt they compromised the design of the entire bike!), so ordered the Husqvarna CNC’d mirrors you posted just days after getting the bike. I promptly installed them only to find all they offered was a view of my shoulders, but they did look good. So, they came off and the horrible stock ones went back on. As I was getting ready to return them, I remembered some risers/wideners a friend had put on his big BMW R1200GS to see past his gear. They were nicely machined and finished and were made by SW-MOTECH. I ordered a set and they helped tremendously, and their look fit with other components on the bike. Here’s a link:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-mirror-wideners

Let us know what you go with.

ECJ

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Yep, I hated the awful stock ‘Mickey Mouse Ears’ mirrors too. Look cheap, don’t suit the bike and are useless for looking behind with. Too small, not enough adjustment or width, and buzz like mad making vision blurred.
    I binned them ASAP and fitted a set of Duke 390 mirrors. They screw straight on, look great, suit the bike IMHO, and work really well. Minimal vibration, a better shape for seeing traffic behind, easy to adjust and I don’t see my shoulders too much. They were not too expensive either.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by VanessaVanessa.
    Participant

I have the husky mirror and I regretted   the moment I installed it, because it kept moving and the right hand side was hard to adjust and get it right and easy to get ruin, and it bothered me not using it because I paid so much money for them and can’t seem to sell it.

I decided to modify the side mount that came with my cheapo aliexpress mirrors  and I’m finally happy with my mirrors (maybe for now)

Participant

It gives it a lower profile and extend further and way more usable now. Best of all it doesn’t move

Participant

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Nice modification!

Participant

How were the “cheapo aliexpress mirrors”?

Frankly, I have been considering trying those or something similar begore spending big money on the mo.view mirrors…

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatarslow husky.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.