HURRIC Pro 2 Slip on

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    DanielDaniel
    Participant

Hey

have one of you already had experience with the HURRIC Pro 2?
    I think the exhaust looks pretty good. I’m just not sure if the quality is okay at such a low price.

https://www.kamabikeparts.de/auspuffanlagen/auspuff-endschalldaempfer/67400/husqvarna-vitpilen-701-2018-2019-hurric-pro-2-slip-on-ersatzdaempfer-1-1

CpogagneCpogagne
    Participant

Hello

after reading notices on the following site, some complain about losing the db killer rolling and also fragility of black lacquer

https://www.louis-moto.fr/artikel/hurric-pro2-double-silencieux/10032750?list=ebe4f1261d13831b97a1bbdaa951d1ba

I hesitated a lot to buy it but I finally turned to arrow

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by CpogagneCpogagne.
    Participant

for that price I’d get the Leo Vince, thats what I have and I can tell you I absolutely love it.

Participant

@Daniel

I actually ordered it and am waiting for it now. Read quite a few negative reviews too, but the issue with lost dB eaters seems to be gone. Looks like they did not put a welded spot on the screws first, but now they do. There are still complaints about the paint going grey, but I’ll risk it.

The main reason I chose it over the Leovince is that it is E-certified, so I can ride it legally in Austria. Also, I think it looks better.

Participant

Bonjour,

Je trouve ce pot très sympa mais j’ attendrai la fin de l ‘année

Une photo et un petit bruit pour se rendre compte serait super cool

Merci

Cordialement

Participant

I believe the “dual gp” leo vinces are street legal. I got the lv-10 though.

Participant

Je cofirme

Participant

Bonsoir

Le hurric2 est-t-il arrivé ???

Des photos ??

Participant

The pipe seems to be built to order and they sure are slow. They postponed the delivery date twice and are now saying I’ll get it 2 weeks from now. I’ll let you know once it’s here and installed.

DanielDaniel
    Participant

@701pioneer

Please post a photo or video if you have mounted the exhaust.
    I am excited if the sound gets better.

Participant

@Daniel

Will do. Still waiting for it though…

I plan to make a comparison with the same camera/microphone so you guys can get an idea.

Also, I want to find a way to judge differences in power as unbiased as possible. My idea is to run the same straight multiple times in a high gear, always open the throttle at the same point and the same spot and check at which point I run into the limiter. If anyone has alternative ways other than “just feeling it with my butt”, let me know. Can’t do that, as louder bikes always tend to feel quicker.

Participant

I got a hurric pro 2. It took about a month to arrive from Louis Motorad. Had it on for a week now and it’s pretty much doubled my smiles per mile. As a Ducati owner for some years I struggled with the noise quality of the Vitpilen even though I had the akro. Mine has tiny spot welds on the baffles. Wouldn’t want to try it without them in as it noisy enough. Has a nice deep sound though. It backfires occasionally if you close the throttle at higher revs in low gears.

Participant

I am thinking of getting one. Are you running without the cat? Any chance you could post a video with a soundtest?

Participant

Any videos with sound? I’m considering getting one of these.

Participant

Okay, I’ve been waiting forever to get mine, but now I can give you an in depth review.

Shipping was interesting. They literally wrap it in one layer of plastic and throw it into the cardboard box for shipping. I have never received a muffler with such insecure packaging.

The quality seems to be okay for the price. The coating had some minor blemishes but all in all it’s fine. Installing was a matter of minutes. The eyelet to screw it onto the footpeg did not line up perfectly on mine, but I have had more expensive mufflers with a worse fit before.

They seem to have reacted to the issues of db eaters flying off before. The screws holding them in place have weld spots now, as do the eaters themselves. No chance of losing them.

I agree with Phil, the sound is really nice. It is a bit louder than stock, but with this noise level I don’t see any issues with (Austrian) cops. I also got a bit of decel pop with it, so I assume the engine runs a tad leaner with it. Here is a sound comparison for you guys: https://youtu.be/q6KTg8Iq92w

BUT HERE IS THE KICKER: I already returned it and am looking for something else. Why? In my personal opinion it doesn’t look good. In all the pictures I had seen, it looks stunning, as it’s so small and short. In reality it is almost as long as the stock muffler though and the proportions simply don’t work at all. I only realized this after installing. I contacted Hurric and they told me that the images show a prototype version and they ended up having to make it longer.  I’ll try to embed a comparison of both versions below. I feel a bit mislead, to be honest, as they are advertising a product that simply doesn’t exist.

Hope this helps in your decision making process. Any questions, let me know.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.