How's the riding experience for short riders?

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    batmanravi
    Participant

Hi Guys, My name is Ravi and I’m from India. I’m eagerly waiting for the Huskies to be launched in India. The Vitpilen seat height is 835mm. I’m 5.6 foot. Am i able to handle it properly? I can’t find any bikes which are above 800mm Seat height. My Royal Enfield seat height is 800mm. It’s perfect for me. Is there any short husky vitpilen rider out there that can help me with it?

Weißer Pfeil
    Participant

I’m pretty tall but I can tell you that “flat footing” is overrated. I am tall enough but I never put both feet down.
    I put my left foot down at stop lights and keep my right toe on the break so I am leaned slightly left

Mathias
    Participant

I´m exactly your length (170 cm) and I´ve got no problems handling  the bike.

Sure, I can´t put down my soles to the ground, just my toes but no worries.

kungfupoulet
    Participant

I’m 180cm and even I can’t flat foot the vit (almost but not quite). Same as Weißer Pfeil said, I’m constantly either on my left or my right foot when stopped. Only can it be tricky when moneuvering at low speed on uneven surfaces or trying to reverse on a steep road as your legs have no leverage over the bike.

There’s a lowering kit available for the Vit 401 that lowers the bike by 25mm.

https://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/se/zubehor/suspension–triple-clamp/lowering-kit/?segment=Svartpilen&category=KE3-16034451

Svartypants
    Participant

hi ravi,

i’m 5ft6in too, and was also worried about the height. my previous bike had a seat height of 795mm. i almost included the lowering kit when ordering the Svart, but was advised to give it a try before deciding at the first servicing. it took some adjustments, but i can handle the bike pretty comfortably within the first week. i was taught to have “only left foot down, right foot on brake” when stopping, so no issues there.

as kungfupoulet said, the only issue is manoeuvring at low speed and reversing. so i simply dismount and reverse by push it.

ichbinbier
    Participant

I’m 163 cm so the bike is quite high for me, in fact the highest seat of any of my bikes.
    I have the shock at the lowest/lightest setting which helps. Overtime it does get a little lower.
    And I do the same as Weißer Pfeil said, left foot down right foot on brake at a stop light.

batmanravi
    Participant

Thank you so much for the answers guys. Waiting to get my hands on the First Vitpilen 401 in India. Im excited 🙂

kungfupoulet
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6foabj3fh3g

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by kungfupoulet.
    batmanravi
    Participant

@kungfupoulet lol 😂😂😂

401mom
    Participant

I’m 5’4” and taking the preload out of the shock did the trick for me. It’s very comfortable now. You should be fine.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.