How/where to reroute wires for tail tidy…..

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar stroem 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    subtlefly
    Participant

Hi team,

So actually I wasnt going to put a tail tidy on my bike.
    I cut down the rubber and moved the reflector on the stock fender and I was happy.

But then I bought r&g racing offset cotton reels to be able to use a paddock stand to do chain maintenance.

see here

They arrived and it turns out – even though it doesnt say so on the site.. that they cant be fitted with stock fender arm.  So I have ordered the mnnthbx tail tidy and now I am freaking out. The qld Australia plate is pretty small sonI hope I can angle it to not hit the tire.. but do I really need to drill a hole in the plastic under the seat to move the wires?  The thought is killing me!

thanks for any and all advice

sub

stroem
    Participant

I was able to fit the turnsignal wires through the gap where the tail tidy is mounted. I then pulled the harness all the way back to the connector above the engine and ran it in any space I could find along the right side frame. My only issue is that there is not a lot of room in the tail of the bike by the seat latch for the turn signal and plate light connectors.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.