How to become SERIOUS SOUND on a 701

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everybody,

I’m running a KTM Supermoto (see the attached pic) with an Acrapovic Titan muffler. Kat and dB-Killer has been removed so the bike sounds quiet well

To be honest: The Vitpilen sounds like a sewing machine compared to the LC4.

What do I have to do to make a 701 Vitpilen to sound somehow like a 2010 Supermoto 690?

THNX 4 the info…

MfG
    der EratosthenesSounds as it should...

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by AvatarEratosthenes. Reason: Edit: Tags didn't work
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by AvatarEratosthenes. Reason: typo
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by AvatarEratosthenes.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by AvatarEratosthenes.
    MaxenceMaxence
    Participant

Hey, the only thing that fuck the sound up of the exhaust is the Catalyser ! Take it off. 😉

same as your KTM.

Participant

You may as well go all the way and go for a cheap AliExpress decat pipe + muffler (replica or not) that as close to no db killer; the ones for the duke 690 should fit (tbc) but in no way you will be street legal (from your license plate I assume you are driving in Germany but this could be a wrong assumption).

Changing just the muffler only adds a bit of whomph at mid/high rev but imo is more pure aesthetics rather than loud noise (euro 4…)

Participant

Hi,

as I have the complete original KTM exhaust system (Akrapovic titan) – which wasn’t “really cheap” 😉 – I’m more interested in a “serious” solution than in a cheap one…

I haven’t heared the Akra solution for the 701 so far, but I’m “seriously” sure that this isn’t the sound I want…

(The slip ons for the SM-690 sound really different compared to the complete system…)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by AvatarEratosthenes.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.