How do you describe the bike?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rlaruerlarue
    Participant

Even though there are a few other members on this board that live in the PNW you don’t see many of these bikes around, especially at bike events, so wherever I am I usually get a lot of questions about my Vitpilen. I was at a event recently where HD was demoing their new Livewire electric motorcycle, which was really cool by the way, and one of the most common questions about the Vit was “what is it?” Sometimes the question is definitely about the brand but sometimes it’s about the style too. For me it’s obviously a modern interpretation of a cafe racer, but sometimes I just say ‘naked bike’ too.

What about y’all?

Participant

Yes, that’s it: “It’s kind of a modern cafe racer!” Which it certainly is. “Lightweight, really quick, loads of fun!” And how it looks…! It’s definitely a rarity here in New England so far. I have heard there’s at least one other nearby, but I haven’t seen it. At the end of September at the Larz Anderson Museum of Transportation in Brookline MA is a really big event, Classic European Motorcycle Day. I hope to see another Vitpilen there.

As for the Livewire, yes it’s kinda cool — for $30,000…

rlaruerlarue
    Participant

Yeah the Livewire was a blast to ride but 30k is way out of my range. Hopefully they sell them all and make cheaper bikes next round. That throttle control though…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.