hot exhaust manifold

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Commander Commander 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

georgie
    Participant

Hi Guys.

I am new to the forum and not great with computers. Bought my new 701 from Drysdales in Perth recently and have only done less than 200mls so far.

Love the bike but have  a really major concern that the engine is running too lean.

Doesn’t show in daylight but in the dark the exhaust downpipe is glowing red hot.

not just at a standstill, but whilst moving along at 30mph as well.

been back to the dealers to get checked over, and they say it is fine- I am not convinced and certainly don’t want to damage the engine.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

kungfupoulet
    Participant

Normal?

The “issue” has already been discussed in this thread 🙂

ichbinbier
    Participant

@kungfupoulet it is easier to type a lengthy question than a two word search for “glowing pipes”.

kungfupoulet
    Participant

@ichbinbier Funny you’re asking that because I still haven’t figured out how to do a research xD

Commander
    Commander
    Participant

Hey guys, I’m new to the forum too. I’ve got the exact same problem on my 701 I bought in France.

Did you solve the problem in any way ?

Red Hot pipe 701

georgie
    Participant

my hot exhaust

georgie
    Participant

As image above.
    I still have same issue with red hot exhaust.
    However the dealer Thomas at Drysdale in Perth assures me that he has raised the issue on a recent visit to the factory and was told that it’s not a problem. Apparently the exhaust is very thin and the engine is set up lean to pass Euro emissions. i have asked Thomas to send me an Email confirming that this is the case.
    Still waiting but he tells me that it is on it’s way.
    As i intend to hang onto the bike; If this causes any damage then I feel confident that they will fix under warranty.
    Just ride and enjoy

Commander
    Commander
    Participant

Thanks @georgie. Would you please let us know the content of the message you’ll receive shortly?

I’ll write to my local dealer here in Paris, and let you know what he’s going to say…

georgie
    Participant

will post the factory response when i get it.

Commander
    Commander
    Participant

Hey @georgie, I contacted the local dealer here in Paris area, he confirmed this is a common phenomenom… he said his Hymalaian has similar behavior (he is also a Royal Enfield dealer here). He never checked with Husqvarna. He said as soon as the “engine check” (orange light) is not ligthning up we are safe…

Let’s see if your dealer can get this official letter from the manufacturer…

Qwertz
    Participant

I found that Phenomenon when searching in the Harley davidson area.
    A lot´s of discussions about glowing manifolds, in the end it´s nothing to be concerned of, it´s related to the physics of big 1 cylinder engines (or V2s, which could be seen as a doubled version in this case).
    Personally I´m not concerned of it, more I enjoy the nervous look of the Driver in the car next to me, recognizing that glowing Thing below, while waiting at traffic lights for a longer while 😛

Commander
    Commander
    Participant

I’ve seen this “Driver” face at traffic light, once 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.