High mount exhaust for the Svartpilen

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anyone have any info on the prospect of an aftermarket high mount exhaust? I have seen some pics of this set up (which you can find here: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2015/2015-Husqvarna-401-Svartpilen-Concept) but didn’t know if this was purely a concept thing.

Participant

Yeah, that is the concept bike. I too have been looking for a high mount exhaust. I found a couple designed for the duke and rc390 that might fit, but I would have to order it from Europe, and I didn’t really like the looks of them. When I get the chance I am going to see what I would need to fab up, to mount the stock muffler(one of the best looking stock mufflers I have ever seen) high, while eliminating the pre-muffler. Looks like if you rotate the mid pipe about 90 degrees it will almost line up.

Participant

I was looking at the concept a bit more carefully and realized that it didn’t have the rear mudguard that is on the production bike, which parallels the exhaust. I am thinking now that rather than mess around with the high mount exhaust I might just clean up the back end by tossing the rear pegs, get the simpler exhaust bracket, and put the Akropovic on it. 🤷‍♂️

Participant

Losing that rear fender is one of the first things I plan on doing. Aside from not liking the look, and the fact that it is in the way of chain and other maintenance tasks, hanging all that unsprung weight off the end of the swingarm can’t help with anything

Participant

I wouldn’t know where to start in taking on such a project. Do you have some ideas you can share?

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I am going to fab up a tail tidy bracket for the license plate and signals this weekend, although once I move the exhaust up, the turn signals may interfere/get melted. So I am looking into flush mount options/locations. I will post pictures when done.</p>

Participant

It didn’t work, when you rotate the cat it contacts the spring. So I ditched the high exhaust idea and got a Competition Werkes mid pipe. It is a little louder than I wanted, but between the ceramic coating and the exhaust wrap I had laying around it throws noticeably less heat at my boys. I imagine the rear shock is happier as well

Participant

Thanks for letting me know about how this turned out. I just put the Remus slip-on on my bike and I love it, and changed the ECU chip and this made a noticeable difference.

Participant

Is it the coober one? Did it fatten the mixture and smooth out part throttle fueling at low revs?

Participant

Yes, it was the Coober ECU. I can’t say I know how the thing works technically; I thought that my Svartpilen was already pretty smooth at low throttle (compared to virtually every other bike I’ve owned), so I can’t say there is a noticeable difference. It seemed to me that there was a dip in mid to lower part of the power band and this is now gone, however, and the power is improved.

Participant

So I’ve seen pictures of a high mounted and saw gpr ,I assume you lose ability to carry a passenger too?

GPR EXHAUST SYSTEM COMPATIBLE FOR HUSQVARNA VITPILEN 401 2018/20 e4 HOMOLOGATED FULL EXHAUST DEEPTONE EVO4 CARBON

Participant

someone need to get this 🙂 , I though it was odd looking at first but I kind of wish I got this instead of the ultra shorty.

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

@Sisco

You could always sell me your Ultra Shorty and put the money towards the Bicone.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.