Help! How do i remove the DB killer / Baffle on the Akrapociv exhaust?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello Fellow riders.

Just got the Akra installed on my Vit 401, but i want that extra sound so i want to remove the DB killer.

I can see a weld under the black cap on the akra, do i just drill the weld? is it just one weld?

If its only one weld, do i just pull out the DB killer after i have drilled it free?

And last, is it a big different in sound? I want it to be a little more deeper in sound than the “stock” Akra.

All help is appreciated.

Participant

Delete the cat and pre muffler and keep the dB. Bassy idle and it really opens up at higher rpm

Participant

Thanks for the feedback Leddifer.

I figured it out tho.

I removed the grommet at the end of the Akra exhaust, underneath is a welded bolt.

I drilled the weld/bolt for a good 30 minutes, finally i was able to jerk the DB-killer out with some pliers.

And god damn, the sound is really nice. Deep bassy tone at low rpms and a really nice exhaust sound on higher rpms. It does backfire sometimes when downshifting, wich is niceeeeee.

Would recommend the Akra without the DB killer if anybody are looking for a nicer exhaust sound. 10/10

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by AvatarFabcou.
    Participant

do you still have the Pre muffler and cat? I’d love to hear the exhaust with both of those deleted with the baffle removed. Do you think you could tap it and reinstall the dB killer if you wanted?

Participant

I removed the db killer and have a leo and vince exhaust, sounded a lot better, deeper and  more popping. I kept the cat for legality and because it is loud enough for me.

Participant

I still have the cat and pre-muffler on, i dont think i want it any louder than it is now and because of legality.

I wont be able to reinstall the DB killer to the Akra, after i drilled out the weld and bolt i needed to hammer it out with pliers.

I will upload a video off the bike while idling, revs and a ride-a-long soon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.