Heat wrapped exhaust

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

#BradSpeed

The cat and pre-muffler delete with the SC muffler was too loud for my liking.  I really want to install the delete pipe for looks and weight loss, but had to decide.  Heat wrapping a cat is a no-no and I like the no 2nd muffler look.  The pre-muffler is heavy, but it is hidden and making the bike look and sound better overall.

Participant

That’s a good point, I had wondered why the clamps were different sizes last night when installing the delete pipe… Makes sense now.

Turns out muffler shops charge alot to weld stainless steel. So I’m probably going to sell the full cat and pre-muffler delete pipe I have, and buy one of these:

https://www.hpcorse.com/en/moto#!/Product/544

They’re about $250 AUD incl shipping on eBay. It only deletes the black box pre-silencer. So I’ll be able to keep my cat and LV10 slip on and hopefully it’s a somewhere sensibly inbetween the noise of the slip on alone (which is too quiet for me), and the slip on with the delete pipe (which is too loud)..

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

I posted a link to Competition Werkes, but it’s in moderation.

So, here’s a picture!  Only the pre-muffler delete, it is the best quality, and only $149.95.

Comp werkes

Participant

Looks super nice! Their website said they won’t ship to Australia 😰

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant
    Participant

Hey @Scubadubbers! Thanks for the share. I ordered in a heat wrap and was thinking about installing it today. I have an Akropovic Exhaust slip. When looking at the left side of the 401, i noticed that the second bracket from the back is very difficult to unscrew. Did you have any tips on getting the bolt out that is right behind the frame of the bike?

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

@duranomoh

Yeah that hex bolt was behind the frame on mine too.  I used a pivoting socket to loosen it just enough for the entire clamp to spin , putting the bolt in a better position.  Then I used a typical allen key.  Good luck and send a pic of the final wrap.  Remember to wrap from the header to the back so the overlap isn’t fighting the wind.

Participant

@scubadubbers thank you for the feedback and prompt reply! I picked up some Silicone Coating Spray today and looking to start the install this afternoon with your advice. I appreciate it the tip on the header! i’ll try and recap the install.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.