Headlight fix!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The huge 8in headlight on my Svart was shattered without any protection. I was super surprised how easy it was to shatter. I searched forever but Ktm-Husky do not sell a replacement lens, but only a full headlight replacement. Instead of shelling out $1000 for a new headlight that only needed a lens. So i took in in my own hands and made a new lens.
    I was able to get Lexan and form it and fix my headlight for $20. I took some photos along the way. If this happens to you and you have questions I’d be glad to help.

first I traced and cut my Lexan

next I formed it at 275 in my toaster oven

I used black silicone gasket sealer to attach

I left it to cure for around 40 hours

A layer of headlight film to prevent scratches and add a good look

Then finally a husky guard to prevent!

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Very creative and nicely done.

Participant

Thank you, really interesting and great work. The price for a new headlight is really absurd…

stroemstroem
    Participant

Are you in Philly? That looks like a Philly rowhome, but I guess it could be Baltimore as well.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by stroemstroem.
    Participant

@stroem Yes I’m in the south Philly area

stroemstroem
    Participant

Nice. I haven’t seen any 401s locally. I’m in the burbs and have a Vitpilen and my friend has a Svartpilen 401, but that is the only other 401 I have seen outside of the dealer. Bike looks good

Participant

@Stroem I haven’t seen a single one in the city yet. I Picked mine up pretty fare down in Maryland for a solid deal at an off-road dealer. Definitely a very awesome bike in my line up

stroemstroem
    Participant

I drove out to Toy Tech Cycles near Hershey to buy mine, it’s a cool Husqvarna only shop in the middle of nowhere. The local Husqvarna dealer in Upper Darby are a bunch of jokers. But for service, it sounds like Solid Performance KTM in Downingtown is willing to service these bikes.

Apparently one of the owners of Revzilla has a 701.

Participant

So good! Well done.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.