Handlebar conversion, grips question

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello; I will change the svartpilen handlebar for a vitpilen triple tree and clips.

I have a doubt regarding damaging one of the grips; possibly the throttle grip and control.

Some say that only one comes out fine.

I do not find the original grips to sell.

Any of you that did the other conversion had problems?

Thanks

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

The throttle grip is easy, it comes off with the throttle tube, and you reuse it on the new bars.

The left side may be tougher, not sure if it’s glued on. Prying a thin long screwdriver under the grip often helps to release the cement if they used it. After that use compressed air.

good luck, keep us posted

SvePilSvePil
    Participant

The clutch side was a pain. It was glued on. Managed to slowly work my way thru it. Remounted it with girlfriends hairspray. Looks and works fine now but next time i will cut the condom of an buy new ones

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

A set of new grips goes by part # 21002021000

LozionLozion
    Participant

Use wd-40 to ease it off..

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

That a guess @Lozion, or did you try that?

WD40 typically doesn’t work when grips are glued…

LozionLozion
    Participant

I did it myself, flat screwdriver and wd-40..

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Nice

Participant

…thanks for the responses. Yes, I remember that in Husqvarna they told me that they cut the grip to easyness but they do not have the grips to sell…they sell only the enduro/cross ones.

I am waiting for the top triple tree and clips. I guess that I can re use the bushes; washers etc that are under the svartpilen triple tree?

I assume that I can push the wiring backward to the bike due to I will have longer cables…

I can try with the screwdriver but the bike is new and I do not want to scratch anything (bike cost 8200 Dollars here) and I want to have the original grips.

Thanks for the part number but I do not know how to buy it.

Here the importer had the vitpilen and svartpilen but when the new models arrived they only brought the svartpilens and the vitpilen only in 701 (17000D)

I use it only on the road at high constant cruising speed hence the change.

I bought the bike due to my old Triumph broke down the crankshaft and the total overhauling will take some time. I use the bikes as a vehicle not for “riding”

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Order the grips online aomc.mx? part # 21002021000

Participant

…they only have parts for the 701 models…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.