Handle bar upgrade changeout

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Team,

I am posting a few pics in this section as this seems to be a hot mod or change the many bit owners are doing or considering. I have had my Vit since summer of  18. The bike has a few decals, K&N air filter and a simple bar mod on it. Bike has been flawless since purchase.

Bars are easy to swap. I used a svartpilen top triple tree, CR 250 risers, and a set of Krator scrambler bars. All cables and harness fit fine. Reroute them on other side of tree.

if you are tired of hand and deltoid pain. Tire of a stiff back, and want a much better feel than the stock slide in bars    ( they are not clamp on as listed), this is a great solid set up that feels great with no bar buzz. Bike handles great. I have more on this on another section. I have other pictures there with difference bars from protaper too. 

Participant

@tattoorichie where did you get the svart upper triple tree?? ive seen alot of people getting these but i cant find them myself im in the US

Participant

Hi Luwys007

I found my scary top tree from KTM proparts. It was about 130 US dollars with shipping. When I checked back on the website it appears the are not carrying Husky streetbike parts and longer and so are the other sites as well.

My dealer sells it for the same cost. When I checked it out last year. Bobby jays Yamaha Husqvarna in Albuquerque. The risers I used were from a 01 Honda CR 250 I had and the rubber fittings worked perfect. The bars were simple Krator bars for like 22 US dollars.  I have pics on the site in the technical sections. I have also use protaper bars in the pics. You just need these 3 parts( tree, bars and risers)  if you run a CR riser they fit fat bars so use a 7/8 sleeve or get to use  a 7/8 bar or get a set of fat bars accordingly. You will need to run the wiring from the the containment plastic box behind the headlight out or at least some of it out for the left and right hand controls. It is easy. I did the whole mod in under an hour but I build bikes as a hobby so this was a snap.

keep riding the white arrow!

Tattoo Richie

Participant

Dude. thank you so much!! i am in california, going to try to contact that dealership see if they would be able to order me that part.

Fingers crossed!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.