Handle bar special screw removal and throttle removal

This topic contains 37 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar iwatchpaintdry808 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    iwatchpaintdry808
    Participant

Thanks @tattoorichie!

I got them on and they work perfect .there was a small screw that fell in the bottom clamp and was binding it up every time .

I’ll post pics when I get time .All in about $350 with bars .no other mods needed but you have to f**k with the harness to unroll it . Used 7/8 bars but took some slight rigging. … They are perfect .

iwatchpaintdry808
    Participant

TattooRichie
    Participant

Fantastic!

it is always great to see it work out correctly.  Right on!

I am thinking of doing the same think if I don’t go ABM kit. The fact the it is 600 dollars or roughly 10 percent of the bikes already new inflated cost price just does not feel quite right. Granted, it would not change the way I live but really 600 for handlebar swap

so kind sir

I like many others are leaning towards the svart conversion on the vitpilen bar swap.

Question, did the clutch cable fit on you bar choice or did you order a longer cable from KTM parts.

I think I will go with a bar of pro taper or similar fat bars for the svarts clamp area and 7/8 on the controls of course so I will not have to fit spacers. I think the stock husky svart bars are too tall and I would lose the cafe look at least in degrees to the scrambler sense of style. Thoughts on that.

lastly how does it feel.  Does it take away the back or hand strain on the palms of the hands from the stock slide in bars.

thanks for information!

iwatchpaintdry808
    Participant

Mahalo @tattoorichie 🤙

I actually bought the ABM setup but cancelled my order after finidng these parts .keep in mind that the tree on the ABM is quite handsome in all black. The svart is silver w black risers. I spoke to the ABM people at length and they said they haven’t really sold any, for guidance or history.

I did purchase the svart clutch cable and shipped to me but never needed it. Just have to be creative with routing all the lines.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>The look: meh– black taper bars would look sweet, I might get some. Alternatively they do have clipon style bars that mount on risers. Was seriously debating on using those.</p>
    The feel: Night & Day! SO COMFORTABLE now .no pressure at all on my wrists and moving up & back 3″ repositions your knees up and forward a bit. These coupled together are a recipe for a much nicer quality of life on the road .

Like a lot of dummies I bought before testing out (doesn’t help that I’m on an island and only 1 was brought in) and knew immediately that position of my neck and weight on my hands/wrists was not going to work. For me it was either fix it or sell it.

ll in all I’m quite happy with this setup. I’m older’ish (48) so maybe if I was 25 again I’d of left it alone.

Will take more pics to post now that its daylight.

Aloha, Eric

iwatchpaintdry808
    Participant

iwatchpaintdry808
    Participant

TattooRichie
    Participant

Great pics follow rider of the white arrow!

I just ordered my svart tree top  from KTM pro parts. That will be here next week. I am in New Mexico and they are in Arizona if I recall.

What risers did you go with and what bars. It looks like you used Husky risers for the  Svart.  I may what to look at other options then look at the bars

Thanks

Richie

JohnnyLightning
    JohnnyLightning
    Participant

Looks good mate! I haven’t read the entire thread but did you have any problems extending the cables and whatnot for the added height? I have the same project in mind, only I’m going the opposite way and I’m assuming it should’t be a problem.

iwatchpaintdry808
    Participant

Hay man, thanks! No real problems with cables and wiring. Bought extended versions of both but didn’t end up using. The fly-by-wire throttle wiring was super tight but with creative routing I was able to do it without pinching or binding.

I’ve seen threads that claim this is a 1 out of 5 for difficulty. I think it’s a 2.5 or 3. Took me 10 hrs alone. I’m happy with the setup but husqvarna purists would sentence me to death 😁

TattooRichie
    Participant

Team,

As promised,  I finished installing my bars. I went with the svartpilen top tree, Honda CR 250 risers for their incredible strength and beefiness and a set of 7/8 pro taper ultra low bend Carmichael handle bars. My bars are about 1 inch lower in height than a stock svartpilen but the bike is so much better in ride and comfort. Handling is still very good but not quite as tight as with the stock slide in bars. The bike has a taller stance now as well. I used the original hand controls and clutch cable. I had to reroute the cables and some of the harness connectors that was located in the storage box behind the headlight. Total replacement time was 3 hours but I build a lot of bikes which help move this along. The total cost was 130 for the tree, 15 fit the risers (used) and 60 for the new bars so for 205 dollars I save my back, wrists and elbows. Sure beats the 600 price tag of the ABM set up. I have some pics that I will need to resize

Thanks for all the input and support

Tattoo Richie

TattooRichie
    Participant

TattooRichie
    Participant

TattooRichie
    Participant

TattooRichie
    Participant

iwatchpaintdry808
    Participant

@tattoorichie nice job man! I’m going on my third week with the svart risers and street fighter look bar. I agree that the looks are stunning with the flat top look but I can ride all day and now without any fatigue. I love your bar choice too.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.