Hand Guards for Svartpilen = Lawnmower feel?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

So I just tried out some hand guards for the Svartpilen.

It felt like I didnt even touch the grip because the vibration was so extreme.

I didnt get any numbing, just felt like riding a lawnmower.

Do any of you have this issue with hand guards or lever protectors?

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I fitted Oxford Products Universal hand guards to my SP401. I did a post about it a while back, but if I try to link to it, this post will just disappear into “Awaiting moderation” limbo for days. My post (with pics) is located in the Svartpilen 401 Parts and accessories section.

I’ve had no problems at all, couldn’t tell any difference vibes-wise compared to before I fitted them . I was worried they might cause problems because I had to remove the internal bar end weights to fit them, but actually I have had no issues. They look cool and suit the bike, and work well at shielding my hands from the worst of the wind.

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

Yeah, I may be coming from a high baseline as have the stock weights inside the bars + the heavy weights from evotech.

Will have to look what options are available.

Participant

I have the original lever protectors from Husqvarna and I love their look and they massively dampen vibrations.

Participant

I’m interested in the lever protectors you mentioned. I wonder if its any better to do full on hand guards, or get the protectors. I have bar end mirrors atm, haven’t had the chance to use them yet because I have some work to do on the bike first.

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

I was considering only one for the brake lever, but am now a bit concerned about vibrating.

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

I may try one though as it should also accept the stock barend weight

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

The brass one in the bars I mean

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.