Grips are more buzzy after bar end mirror install. Thoughts?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I just removed the Husqvarna optional mirrors that don’t come on the bike but that would attach at the same location. The bike had minor vibrations as one would expect from a single but now that I have removed those mirrors and installed Motogadget bar end mirrors its feel extra buzzy, especially the throttle side. The front brake buzzes enough that when I rest my pointer and middle finger on it as I ride they go numb after not much time. Has any one experienced this with bar end mirrors? I have the factory weighted bar ends in still. Would the Evotech bar end weights help? Thoughts?

Participant

I would remove them and make sure they are fitted correctly. Sounds like something isn’t snug in there and vibrating inside the bars, especially if it’s more so on one side. Just a thought.

Participant

Bar end weights may help indeed, simple physics. Mine “felt” more buzzy after taking off the weights and adding the side mirrors so countered that with grip puppies. Kind of evens out – at least I can see behind me with  side mirrors before it was just a total fuzz!

Participant

I’ll certainly check installation as well. There isn’t much that I can think of that could be done wrong, pretty straight forward install but I’ll give it a shot.

JodieJodie
    Participant
    DCMnPADCMnPA
    Participant

Jodie…………. I’d love to add some new weight to my bars but the bar end mirrors I put on – PUIG Hi-Tech, 6994N – has an inner bar expansion sleeve that secures the mirror.  I’m at a loss how to add weight other than to fill each bar with copper beebees……  Any ideas?

JodieJodie
    Participant

Mine did too you just delete the expansion parts and drill the part on the end that your mirror attaches to. Put some Loctite on the thread bolt it up and is more secure then the expansion fittings. I can take some photos and show you if you like.

DCMnPADCMnPA
    Participant

Hmmmm……… can’t visualize that Jodie.  Maybe a beer or two would help? 🙂  So how are the mirrors immobilized w/o the expansion thingie?  Maybe a picture would be best.

Key though, you’ve done it and the Rottweiler weights work with BEM’s, right?

JodieJodie
    Participant

Fast bars

DCMnPADCMnPA
    Participant

Hmmm……. ok so how is the Rottweiler weight immobilized within the bar then?  That’s the part I guess I’m missing………… Looks great though!!!  Thumbs up!

JodieJodie
    Participant

Delete all in yellow circle.  And drill hole coloured in red to the bolt size that comes in the fasst bars kit. If that makes sense?

Bar end

DCMnPADCMnPA
    Participant

ahh…… now I understand, I think…… 🙂 Thanks Jodie for the handholding and the solution!  I’m really tired of the added vibrations but love the BEMs!

Thumbs up !

JodieJodie
    Participant

Kit comes with a tap to thread inside the handle bar.

Tap

JodieJodie
    Participant

Reduces vibes to a bearable amount no tingling hands. 👍

Glad to help

JodieJodie
    Participant

This is the weight. I put a thicker O ring on the make it touch the inside of the bar tighter. Put Loctite on the threads. This is sacred in with an Allen key.

Bar weight

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.