G’day from Down Under

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    JodieJodie
    Participant

Hello there all. I picked up my new 2019 701 Vitpilen today.

JodieJodie
    Participant

JodieJodie
    Participant

JayboypilenJayboypilen
    Participant

Just a friendly heads up, I purchased a 2019 Vitpilen 701 on Apr 18 and my bike has been in the shop for the current recall on these bikes regarding a fuel leak since the 28th. I spoke with Husqvarna directly and they told me all Vitpilens and affected bikes are on a stop sale meaning “new” (not yet owned) bikes are locked and not for sale currently. That being said dealers are still selling used models and in my case saying they didnt know of the recall. I hope yours is entirely unaffected by this but be cautious of a small to potentially large fuel leak coming from under the tank  near the fuel level sensor. I took my bike in for normal service and now haven’t had a bike since the 28th of April.

Cheers and good luck!

JodieJodie
    Participant

Dealer said mine is not affected by recall. It’s brand new never ridden or registered until yesterday.

JayboypilenJayboypilen
    Participant

Good to hear. I was just looking out for ya.

Participant

Congrats-also from Oz ( Syd). No one from here seems to have any fuel tank leaks….yet. Maybe low/no ethanol fuel helps. On the subject of fuel, the fuel gauge is useless. You will get at least 200km from a full tank so I just go on the odo. They are awesome fun and you’ll be ( almost) the only person in town with one!

JodieJodie
    Participant

Thanks JP. I’m in Muswellbrook. Did a squirt up the Putty my first ride.

JodieJodie
    Participant

Participant

…and the recall has arrived!

Participant

Hey Jodie.  I have one in Perth.  So far its been great.  Other than the leak, which looks like it’ll be fix in June, so the dealer tells me.  Mine has never leaked but I’m still getting the fix done.  Other than some cosmetics the only change I’ve made is the gearing, because mine doesn’t spend much time on a track or the wide open road.   I think perhaps an LV muffler might be about it now and I reckon I’m just about done.  The tail tidy, bar end mirrors and some other bits ant pieces are really all I’ve done and its pretty much a dream bike for me.  When the warranty is over I think perhaps take the airbox out and go for the 733cc kit I’ve seen available from the UK or US for the 690 Duke one day, which would be a complete re-tune, but a pretty full on thumper.  But that can wait.

Participant

Hey Topendyankee.  I got mine in Perth from WestCoast.  They told me last week they would have the parts from Husky some time in June.

By the way.  I’m considering a move to Darwin.  I need to say something about the rate I want. Are things expensive there?  And, are there areas I should maybe prefer or avoid when I arrive and look for a motel when I put me feet down.

Participant

And yeah, the trimmer recall is pretty funny.  My 701 has never leaked a drop.  I don’t run ethanol.  I’m not sure that’s the issue but a plastic tank and ethanol is just a bad idea.

JodieJodie
    Participant

I’ve never run ethanol fuel in anything I own. I personally believe this is what’s causing the leak issues. 98 BP ultimate in all my vehicles. I’ve bought a booster plug, Oberon slave, KTM pro shift spring kit. LV pipe just fitted bar end mirrors. Rad guard coming today. Plus some other cosmetics. And an aluminium fly screen.

JodieJodie
    Participant

Also have SAS delete kit coming too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.