Gas Leak

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Few hundred miles and have the gas leak.Dealer is not aware of any recall and Im not happy and probably will sell it and take a big hit when its fixed

QwandreeQwandree

You are going to sell the bike because of a gas leak?

Participant

There isnt that many out there and now  after seeing how many ppl have had the same issue I dont trust it and it cost too much to be having these types of issues and if its a long time frame to have it repaired and I cant even use my bike its going.

NH701NH701
    Participant

5 weeks to the day and my gas tank has been delivered and installed. I will be posting on any further tank related events from now on. Let’s get this problem solved so nobody else has to deal with 5 weeks of not being able to enjoy a new bike.

Participant

Same thing here. Noticed garage smelled like fuel. Had to take bike in twice before they found the leak. Same issue, poorly designed tank. It’s on backorder now and will be without for more then 2 months. Unfortunately this is probably the best riding season where I live in my opinion. Has Husky compensated anyone who has/had same problem? 2 months without is unheard of!

Participant

Am I the only one who finds it unacceptable that there is a 2 month wait to have a brand new bike fixed with a gas tank leak and in that 2 month time frame that the dealer had my new bike that they started offering  a $2500.00 rebate.

I think anyone who paid the original price and then had their bike sitting in the shop for 2 months should be entitled to the $2500.00 rebate.

Horrible customer service from the dealer on up to the manufacturer

NH701NH701
    Participant

I had a great experience with the dealer, but I agree, husqvarna is dropping the ball. I paid near full price and lost 5 weeks of prime riding time in my first season with the bike. The problem is that I have no idea how to start the process of requesting compensation. If ANYTHING else goes wrong in the near future besides normal wear and tear I will need to do something.

Participant

At about 6500 miles, my tank started leaking. The tank had been fine since May 2018. I rolled it out of the garage onto the driveway to check the tires, and I’m embarrased to admit, charge the battery. I came back with my airhose and saw a puddle that hadn’t been there a minute ago. No puddles or trails from the garage.

Found gas leaking down over the cylinder head, pooling on the cat and then hitting the ground. I’m glad the battery was too dead to turn it over, otherwise I’dve let it idle and I’d probably be telling the story of the day my Vit self combusted in my driveway.

I had the bike towed into the shop, and they called me back to let me know that Husky has issued a recall on 25 March 2020 for the 701 regarding the leaking tank issue. They gave me a couple of options:

1. Install a new tank of the original part number. This gets me on the road… but does not fix the underlying engineering problem. The parts are in transit and due this week and the cost will be covered by warranty.
    2. Wait for Husky to stock a new part number that fixes the problem. My guy at the shop says Husky has no ETA at this time and was unable to even guess when a part might be available. The cost of the repair is covered by warranty.

I don’t want to spend the next however many months of prime riding season without a bike. OTOH, I feel like the tank lasted a while… It was sitting without a lot of gas all winter; I usually keep the tank topped up. But I don’t want it to start leaking while I’m zooming through the twisties – It would really suck for the thing to catch fire, especially with me on it.

David BrazilDavid Brazil
    Participant

I’m not seeing anything online at Husqvarna regarding the recall.

Does anyone know of a specific recall number or url to reference?

Thanks.

QwandreeQwandree

There is indeed a service bulletin, don’t know if it is for the tank.

You can check for these on your own bike if you have your VIN handy here:
    https://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/ca/service/servicecheck/

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by QwandreeQwandree.
    Participant

So there’s a recall without a fix? I haven’t had any issues so I don’t see the point of taking the bike just to get the same part installed.

Participant

Uh-oh. I have the dreaded puddle of gasoline on the garage floor beneath my 2019 Vitpilen 701. I look it up and sure enough: Recall. So I telephone my dealer, Wagner Motorsport in Worcester MA USA. “Sorry!” they say. “Starting this past January we are no longer carrying Husqvarna, no longer a dealer for Vitpilens, sales are too low, so while we could work on it, cuz we still handle KTM, and get parts, we would have to charge you, we cannot do it under recall.” What?? So, there’s news for you… Hmmm.

Participant

Damn.I thought this type of thing might happen and shame on Husquvarna for not honoring any warranty for a KTM dealer.I had mine fixed at the dealer under warranty and it took over a month and then I sold it and took a big hit but Im glad I did because there will probably be more stories just like yours and getting parts in the future will probably become major problem as more and more dealers stop selling and repairing these bikes.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

I never understood why they keep the two brands apart when it comes to service and warranty. Any KTM tech can work on a Husky (as long as it’s a KTM era Husky of course), and they share the same parts…

Participant

unbelievable, looks like we have to wait until May 15 for a fix:

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/406862/recall-husqvarna-701-vitpilen-svartpilen-1/

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.