Gas Leak

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anyone experiencing this? Just walked out to my garage this morning and it reaked of gas. Looked at the bike and it’s dripping down the left side of the bike by the head. Haven’t rode the bike in a few weeks and just noticed this

Anyone else have have this problem?

Participant

Update, called the dealer today and this has been seen as a problem on other 701’s due to the plastic tank and the connection on the right side (throttle side) of the bike.

Litterly pissed nearly a full tank over the garage within a day and a half.

Ill update once im able to drop the bike off and speak to the mechanic.

QwandreeQwandree

Yikes. Have not seen this on my bike.

Participant

Yes my bike started leaking fuel at just over 300 miles. The leak broke down the wiring insulation on the main harness. It took husky 2 months to get a replacement tank and several calls by myself and dealer to get the wiring harness replaced. Tech support wanted them to tape up the wiring. My dealer really went to bat to be able to repair the bike correctly. After receiving the replacement tanks from husky they were in worse condition than the original. Dealer ended up stripping parts from a new vit to get mine back on the road. They also have another in the shop same issue. I travel quite a bit for work and make it a point to stop into husky dealers this problem is showing up across the country. While Husky customer support was very nice on the phone it took alot of pressure to get them to authorize repairs for the harness and I don’t really feel the bike is worth keeping at this point. Guess it will go up for sale this spring

Participant

Yup. I escalated it up to husky as well and they were very helpful in facilitating the repair.

Bike is fine now. Just hope it doesn’t happen again. I’m in Dallas Texas and there was 3 others in the shop for the same thing.

Participant

I am in the same area with the same issue.  Bike has been in the shop for 2 weeks now with no word when the replacement tank will be delivered.  This is pretty frustrating.

Participant

Jegill,

Contact Kristen at Husky USA. ‭(951) 600-8007 extension ‭4102‬

She sped up the process and followed up with me weekely, much unlike Lone Star. They have terrible communication.

Did you buy yours from Lone Star as well?

rod frostrod frost
    Participant

PDXVIT,

Which dealer do you use in the Portland area? Thanks, Rod

Participant

same gas leak on my Vitpilen701.  been smelling gasoline for about a week but not strong enough to suspect leaking.  took a closer look at my bike yesterday and spotted the leak.  the right side under the tank was damp with gas.  this is the second time i’m taking my bike in for warranty issues.  the first issue was with the hydraulic clutch slave.  i’m slowly losing confidence in the quality of this bike’s build since this is all happening around the time it had it’s first servicing while it’s practically brand new.

Participant

I feel you Arnel, assuming you’re in the US, I would suggest contacting Kristen at Husky USA. ‭(951) 600-8007 extension ‭4102‬.

She sped things up significantly and this will just continue to raise awareness to the issue to hopefully spark a recall.

Participant

thanks for posting this Christopher.  my bike is with the Honolulu dealership now and they are already working on it.

Participant

Just noticed the same yesterday. Weird, and inconsistent. There was a decent puddle yesterday, but nothing today.

Participant

Yes, mine did that also, some days were more of a leak than others. Make sure you call Husky and eventually, hopefully, they will make a recall and a change for all because it’s bound to happen no matter what.

Participant

update: I called Kristen of Husqy/KTM (thank you Christopher for sharing her contact info) and she was very professional on the phone.  She promised to follow up with my bike dealer here in Honolulu to make sure they ordered the right parts and try to expedite but I have a feeling it is going to end up as lip service.  My bike has been in the shop for a week now and they have ETA for gas tank replacement at the end of March still.  I’m definitely not confident about this bike’s reliability anymore and have been thinking about replacing it.

Participant

still waiting on replacement gas tank.  was promised end of march still.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.