Fuel Stabilizer?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am going to put my Husky away for the winter and the manual recommends adding Motorex Fuel Stabilizer. This is not readily available for me, can anyone recommend another fuel stabilizer? Would Sta-bil be ok?

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Any stabilizer will be ok (the Motorex is just blatant product placement), but tbh, just filling to the brim with fresh fuel before you put it away would most likely be just fine.

I never used any fuel stabilizer, and never had problems starting up after the winter (except for a low battery).

rod frostrod frost
    Participant

I found this Stabilizer works well for my bikes and lawn mowing equipment.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D3IEIY0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Participant

I think someone mentioned  motorex has an agreement with Husqvarna. I’ve used some of their chain cleaners and greasers, and they’ve worked well, but probably not worth the extra cost. I’d just get any fuel stabilizer from a local shop if I were you.

Participant

Sta-bil works great. Here in New England with 15% ethanol in our gasoline, and it’s 20 degrees F outside with a foot of snow on the ground as I type this, Sta-bil in the tank works as advertised. I have used it for quite a few years with no problems. See you on the road again in March if we’re lucky. Sigh…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.