Fuel pump

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone, I bought a used (and crashed) 401 Svartpilen two months ago and it worked fine until yesterday it started leaking petrol from under the tank. When we took it apart we saw that the nozzle of the reverse gas was broken and it was replaced with a metal nozzle which was glued.

I tried to glue it again but its not promising a very lasting efect.
    Sooo… I contacted the local representator of Husqvarna and they said a new fuel pump is like 350 EUR (which is a little much for me taken the fact the pump is working ok).
    Then i found a used one KTM Duke 390 fuel pump on ebay which on the outside looks exactly the same for 50 EUR.

My question is: do you know if a fuel pump form KTM Duke 390 can fit on a Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen. Are they identical?

Thank you in advance.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

You didn’t mention the year of your bike or the year of the Duke 390 part you’re looking at. Comparing the 2019 bikes, the part number for the Husqvarna 401 fuel pump is 28507088000, for the Duke 390 it’s 93007088000. Looking closer at the picture of each part, I can see that the main difference is the fuel level float. So there is a good chance that the Duke 390 fuel pump will fit the Svartpilen 401, but the fuel level mechanism won’t work correctly or at all. Depends if that’s important to you. If it was me, I’d buy that used Duke pump and try to swap bits from the 401 pump to make a working compatible unit. You’ve got little to lose.

Participant

I  noticed the same thing and I am pretty sure that the two fuel level floats can be swapped. Even so if the fuel level mechanism would not work, it won’t bother me at all. Thank you, I will try it !
    P.S. both bikes are 2019 year

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by AvatarYKuzev.
    VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Great! Let us know how you get on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.