Fuel Leak

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    eBerry
    Participant

Just dropped my bike off at the dealership after a tiny fuel seep yesterday turned into a full torrent of gas and on to a hot exhaust. No fires, but quite the pucker for a little while until I got off the road.  The dealer said they had had exact same thing happen on another 701. . . . This is no good

Qwandree

It’s most likely just a gasket. They will replace it under warranty.

eBerry
    Participant

Just heard back from the dealers. It’s the tank, and it’s not the first one they’ve replaced on a Vitpilen 701. Part is backordered with no ETA. . .

Christopher Lee
    Participant

Hey eBerry,

Check out the following link with a contact from Husky that you can call to make sure this is taken care of.

Gas Leak

eBerry
    Participant

Thanks Christopher! I actually spoke with Kristen (sp?) before I dropped the bike off at the dealer and left her an (unreturned) voicemail on Tuesday. Fingers crossed!

Living in Seattle there isn’t really that long of a golden window for my summer riding

canice
    Participant

having the same issue, it’s a 2019 model with 1,600 kms on it. can’t tell where the leak is coming from, but when i jiggle the right side of the tank cover, the flow gets worse.

i went to go check on the bike yesterday morning because i’ve coincidentally been dealing with a slow oil leak on the left side of the engine all this past week (a whole other issue of whackamole right now), and came out to see a full tank of gasoline gushing down the entire engine case, dripping from the right side of the bottom of the tank and out onto the left. the whole electrical harness is soaked. will be towing it to the dealer when it opens tomorrow.

canice
    Participant

update on my vitpilen: dealer took apart the bike, here’s what the underside of the tank looks like. obvious signs of warping on the bottom. two weeks til they can get a new tank in (so mercifully at least not a 2-3 month wait)

canice
    Participant

Update on my bike (pix above) — some supply issues with the gas tank in Canada, the rep told my dealer it should arrive to them next week. The rep told the dealer it is a different plastic material than what was on my original 2019 tank, so Husqvarna must have some awareness that this is a widespread issue. So once it’s back on, I guess I’m just going to ride it and hope for the best…

NeoRetro
    Participant

Why didn’t they make the tank out of aluminum? Weight, money, or both?

Satur9
    Participant

A lot of new bikes have plastics tanks.cost most likely is the reason

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.