Front wobble

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    VANPILEN
    Participant

I’m not sure if it’s a tyre pressure issue or what but I get a really irritating front wobble between 130 to 160kmh and wanted to check if anyone else has had the same or if it’s a unique issue with my bike?

Please let me know in case you’ve got some input.

SilverSurfer
    Participant

My buddy noted the same thing and I believe he traced it to a slightly loose steering head.   Just need to tighten it up a bit.   You can support the bike on a stand out the front is off the ground and grab the front wheel if you can lift it and feel any play yours is probably loose also. Translates into head shake at certain speeds.

VANPILEN
    Participant

Thank you, Silver. That’s good info. I haven’t thought of that. Gotta take it in to the shop then cause I can’t lift it up at home.

minorkeylee
    Participant

I just picked my 2020 401 Svartpilen a few hours ago.  Took it for a 50 mile ride and I experience the same wobble.  What did you find out about this, or how did you correct it? Thanks in advance.

VANPILEN
    Participant

My wobble is gone. Bike runs perfect. I took my Pilen to the official Husqvarna place here. They rebalanced my front wheel, tightened the steering head and spokes, preloaded the rear suspension a click more to make it front heavier and whatever I could think of to get rid of my wobble.
    That said, the bike has a tendency to try and lift off on the highway because the nose is so light. I remedy that by tucking more. They’re not exactly aerodynamic machines

B.I.Savage
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Mine was also front light at the start, so I went up 2 clicks and it felt like the backend was dancing all over when I turned in.</p>
    Set it from +2 to +1 and it’s pretty balanced now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.