Front fork upgrade – heavier springs or whole internals?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is it safe to assume the forks are same as the KTM 390 ( for same year)?  I am 220+ and bottoming out front forks on dips when on gravel roads.  I would like to just upgrade the springs, or maybe even spring for the Andreani kit, but it is pretty pricey.  I know lots of people must have modified 390’s, as there are a shitload of stock 390 forks on Ebay.  What are options for 2019 Svart 401?

Participant

the 2020 model will have an adjustable open-cartridge fork. it is better to wait a few months to check if a retrofit will be possible.

Keymaster

I didn’t realize that fork springs were so hard to find for 390 and 401 WP forks. I’m working on a few custom options for 320mm length springs, I’ll let you guys know what I find.

Participant
    Keymaster

So KTM and Husqvarna have no options for fork springs for these models. I spoke with some suspension tuners and each spring would have to be custom made for the riders application, weight, etc. AOMC would consider custom building and stocking a variety of springs if there was enough interest generated in them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.