Front exhaust bracket removal

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Todd
    Participant

Exhaust bracket spacer installed Exhaust bracket spacer installed Exhaust bracket removal Exhaust bracket spacer Exhaust bracket spacer I recently installed the Leo Vince link pipe.  With the link pipe installed the front exhaust bracket is an eyesore and is no longer necessary. After removing the bracket I noticed that the bolt was not threaded enough to tighten. I had a spacer machined to the same specs as the bracket. What do you guys think?

Anonymous

Nice an clean solution, thanks for sharing 🙂

Nampus
    Participant

Nice work!

mitchot
    Participant

This is a great idea, haven’t yet looked into removing that left over mount after installing my link pipe, but will keep this in mind that you made a spacer up.

Todd
    Participant

The mount had to go! The bike looks    cleaner and it saved some weight. The spacer has the same profile and dimensions as the bracket. Let me know if anyone is interested in the spacer. Bracket vs spacer

Todd
    Participant

Bracket vs spacer closeup

mitchot
    Participant

Yeah agreed that looks great! Where abouts are you Todd? I’m in Aus

Todd
    Participant

Thanks Mitchot. I live in Tennessee USA.

SpeedHoles
    Participant

Very slick. I’ve noticed that still hanging in many photos of bikes with decat pipes.

I’m actually wondering if I can use it to make a bracket to retain the black plastic under side panels, which I quite like and don’t want to lose when I ditch the cat.
    Ever consider making a bracket like that?

Archer
    Participant

Hi Todd,

I like your spacer. Very neat. What metal did you use? I used half a dozen 316 stainless washers as a temporary fix. Are your spacers available for sale? I also like your titanium gear shift adjuster, nice work.

Cheers,
    Michael

SpeedHoles
    Participant

I tried contacting him last week, but no response. I don’t think he comes on this forum any more….?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.