Front brake pad removal

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    HALFTWIN
    Participant

Front brake pad removal.

Anyone tried to do this yet?

by any practical measure, it’s impossible.  The bolt from which the pads hang is too large due to an unnecessary collar of some sort to fully back out to allow the bolt to come out so the pads can drop out.  It looks like the caliper has to be disassembled, which means it will lose all its brake fluid.  I have no idea how they got the bolt thru the hole it goes thru in the caliper.  I have no idea.  I hope I’m just having a brain fart and  missing something easy but it doesn’t make sense at all.  Have fucking fun if this happens to you.  The engineer who designed that caliper needs to be hauled out and shot.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by HALFTWIN. Reason: Who cares
    HALFTWIN
    Participant

there might be/is a recall associated with the front caliper.   I’ll know a little more when i get the scooter back from the dealer.

HALFTWIN
    Participant

turns out, not recall related.   evidently, there is some kind of set screw which i never noticed.   it retains the pin from which the pads hang i guess?   i will look at it when i get the bike back.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.