Front and Rear Stands

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NeoRetro 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

DAP831
    Participant

I have been trying to figure out the best way to do some stands for my bike.

I opted to install spools on the swingarm, there are threads for them just below the axle adjusters. Here is the part # for the  KTM / Husky swingarm bobbins: 61029055244. Apparently, they are a M10 fine thread, so a bit unusual.

I spoke with the folks at Pit Bull Stands, and sent photos. Virtually any of the rear stands for a dual sided swingarm will work. I went for the spooled rear stand. The front is a bit more complicated. I wanted to do a stand that lifts from the steering head in case I wanted to remove the forks. The front brake line gets in the way of the hole in the bottom of the steerer where a head lift stand attaches, so you would need to either remove the brake line mount every time you use the stand, or relocate the line. I chose one of their hybrid dual lift stands, so you can lift from either the forks or the head. The pin size for their stands is a #5, the diameter of the hole is roughly 13.6mm. I will update this once they arrive.

DAP831
    Participant

I am really happy with the pitbull stands. They are rock solid.

TC
    Participant

Good info, could you post a link to the stands you got?

DAP831
    Participant

NeoRetro
    Participant

^ thanks for posting, I’m leaning towards just using the forks as the mounting point for the front.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  NeoRetro.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.