Fresco Exhaust

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@ichbinbier

do you think it will affect ground clearance at high lean angle? can you test placing the bike on the ground on the right side and pictures of the clearance, i know its a lot to ask lol

Participant

@ichbinbier

oh i see, thanks for your insight 🙂
    do you have any idea when you will be able to upload the flyby outdoor soundcheck?

thanks in advance

Participant

@Wenny

I’ve seem to have hidden my Gopro in a safe place where I can’t find it!

@Sisco

I have replied with pictures but it is awaiting moderation. Which makes sense with all the spam I post daily!

Participant

awesome thank you, the moderation thing is a pain, it gets triggered if you post more than 1 picture in one comment reply. I get around it by post multiple replies for multiple pictures.

Participant

@Sisco

Ya that’s not going to happen with my Vit. Please feel free to do it with yours and share your experience.

As far as lean angle, you decide which would be better:

Stock

Stock

Fresco

Fresco

Participant

I also have the Fresco exhaust on my Vipilen 401 2019. I don’t think i’ve installed it correctly, as the muffler touches the bottom of the swingarm and causes a lot of vibration. Are you able to show which parts you reused and how you mounted the metal brackets to the bike?

I only reused one of the Gaskets from the top of the pre muffler. Is that what you did?

Participant

@Kelcha

If you watched my second video (kindly embedded by @Wenny) you will see the bolt (well the spacer that the bolt goes through) that I used to attach the muffler to. I have a 2 cm gap between the top of the muffler and the swingarm. If you have the rear shock at its top/hardest setting that could cause the swingarm to touch. My shock is currently 2 from the bottom/soft. Take a picture of how you’ve attached it and post it. It would make it easier to diagnose.

There was no gaskets when I took the exhaust system apart or with the Fresco. I did reuse one exhaust clamp from the cat to the pre-muffler

Participant

@ichbinbier thanks for uploading the video of the Fresco exhaust!

I’ll post this question here as I’m sure there are others who are interested in buying this exhaust that would want to know.

When going through the payment process, they ask for the information “D.2 line”. Ive been in contact with Fresco and they say the code looks something like this “HQV 401 A1 / B1”. I can’t find this type of code anywhere on my paperwork. I’m in Australia

Do you have any insights into what this code is?

Thanks in advance!

Seb

Participant

@Sebastian

I have no effin’ clue what it means. On my order I had “Gray card line D.2 : 1111”

I’m in Canada and at the time I think that was the only choice but I can’t remember.

Participant

Finally figured out what they wanted when referring to “grey line D.2”. For anyone interested in the Fresco exhaust, they are looking for the motorcycle type code and it’s located on the right side right beneath your tank cover.

Participant

I noticed that you actually fitted the fresco muffler upside down this seems to give much more clearance between the tip of the muffler and the swingarm.

and I think the tube spacer is not needed I’m guessing you’re using the spacer like this

tube spacer – fresco bracket – body – bolt

you can see in the fresco website from the photo  the bracket fits between the body and bolt

body – fresco bracket – bolt

Participant

actually disregard my dumb post about the spacer I see why we need to use it. it would bend the frame without it.

Participant

Yes. When I first installed the Fresco I noticed that without the spacer it would bend.

And yes it looks like I fitted it upside down but I didn’t. The muffler portion only comes with two holes to bolt in the bracket. It can only install in one way with the bracket up.

The manufacturer installed the muffler cap upside down. Now I have three choices:

• send it back and wait another six months
    • drill out all the rivets and rotate the cap and re-rivet
    • or leave it alone and ride

You can see which one I chose.

Participant

Is there also a fresco exhaust for the Vit’ 701?

Participant

none for the 701 check their website

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.