Fresco Exhaust

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    ichbinbier
    Participant

Comparison between the stock exhaust and the aftermarket Fresco exhaust.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by ichbinbier.
    Sisco
    Participant

did fresco come with midpipe that remove resonator with its own

ichbinbier
    Participant

@Sisco it came with a premuffler and muffler/silencer

Sisco
    Participant

thanks, I saw your latest youtube video I’m still waiting for my one. Been waiting for over 3 months for this.

ichbinbier
    Participant

@sisco the youtube video is posted just before your reply but for some reason it has been awaiting moderation now for more than 33 hours.

I ordered mine mid March last year and I didn’t get it until late July. On their website they do state that they don’t start to build the exhaust until the order is placed. So if 10 people ordered before you and they state it takes 10 to 20 days to build, well a long ‘effin time.

If anyone else plans to buy one of the Fresco exhausts order it in the late fall, early winter. You night get it by the next spring.

ichbinbier
    Participant

So I wasn’t really happy with the previous video as I never changed the position of the camera so it was equal distance from each muffler.

Now with time on my hands I have made a new video with comparisons in size, weight and noise volume. Now with more FLIR!

<iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/lvKC6PPLGX8&#8243; width=”560″ height=”315″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe>

ichbinbier
    Participant

Wow 4 days later and my post is finally out of moderation. And they screw up the formatting for an embeded youtube video.

Wenny
    Participant

For anyone still interested:

there was a new comparison video released with better sound quality 🙂
    (still it would be nice to hear that comparison outdoors instead of inside a garage)

Wenny
    Participant

my bad!
    i obviously didn’t read the previous two posts before sharing the video 😀
    (if there’s any chance to delete my post above i’d do it.. let me know ;))

ichbinbier
    Participant

Thanks @Wenny. My first post for this video was moderated for 4 days and it stripped the embed code. Keep your post as it has the embedded video.

Since I live in an apartment it is easier to do this in the basement late at night as nobody is around and nobody can hear it and complain. Plus it is not influenced by any outside noises, fire engines, loud cars, planes, trains etc.

Planning on a fly by/ride by/drive by video soon. Outdoors.

Wenny
    Participant

@ichbinbier I understand 🙂

since I’m about to buy an new exhaust for my Vitpilen this month I’m looking forward to your flyby video to get a better impression of the “UltraShorty experience”.

btw, can you confirm that the build quality is below average (feedback from a guy using the UltraShorty: “doesn’t fit well – you need to adjust rear brake […] Also it’s leaking air”)?

what’s your impression of its quality so far?

ichbinbier
    Participant

@Wenny

I believe these are hand-made as ordered so they are not going to have pre-programmed robotic welds. The build quality is above average in my opinion, more like a bespoke exhaust than a mass produced one like Akrapovič.

The fit was almost perfect. There is no noticeable exhaust leak but when I took it off for the exhaust comparison there was black inside an exhaust clamp, nothing on the outside. As far as the rear brake goes unless the person mounted it outside on the swingarm I can’t see why they would say it affected the rear brake.

Over all I’m more than happy with the look and especially the sound. I have no idea what it sounds like to a passerby but on the bike it sounds great.

Send me a link to that persons review. I’d love to read it.

Wenny
    Participant

@ichbinbier

followup post with review is awaiting moderation 😉

Wenny
    Participant

@ichbinbier

1. here’s the link to his brief feedback i was referring to: https://www.instagram.com/p/CAM8JBmIKtg/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

2. the leaking is also visible in his soundtest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNy5yvbuhTM

ichbinbier
    Participant

@Wenny

I see it was installed on a 2019 Svart. Since I don’t have that bike I don’t know what the rear brake issue was. He said the leaking was fixed as the parts weren’t seated together properly.

And again, this went on my 2018 Vit with no problems or issues. I would not put the Ultrashorty on a Svart because you lose ground clearance. A Svart I’d be taking off road so it would be an issue. My Vit will never go off roading.

Damn moderation. The moderators need to be a lot quicker. Not 4 effin days later quick.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.