Frame sliders vs crash bar suggestions

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Was wondering what you guys might suggest for my particular setup. I will be doing a fair amount of parking lot practice, and I live and ride in an urban area where bikes get knocked over a lot.

So crash bars can make sense…. However I like keeping my bike as light as possible

I thought about frame sliders, but those are usually one and done. They are lighter but I’d hate to constantly shell out for more sliders.

Wondering what you guys suggest. Are there any particular sliders that will hold up to multiple drops? Or is there a “lightweight” crash bar option that exists?

Any suggestions let me know. Thanks!

Participant

Hey there-

I put the Rizoma crash bars on mine. They are light weight, and almost look ‘stock’.

Here’s a link: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rizoma-engine-guards-husqvarna-svartpilen-401-2018-2019

They create a high point mid frame, and should protect both the engine, and especially the more fragile radiator.

I know there are other bars, and Husqvarna also makes engine and clutch guards (ugly and overwrought, in my opinion), but this Rizoma set up seemed like the sleekest to me., and a good compromise of coverage vs bulky and ugly.

Let us know what you decide on.

Good luck!

ECJ

Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Wish I saw this earlier.</p>
    I went with these:

I’m hoping that these will protect the radiator, but we’ll see. I think the ones you got do a better job. These look nice and light thou.

Thanks

https://www.t-rex-racing.com/2018-2020-Husqvarna-Vitpilen-401-Frame-Sliders-p/n170-18.htm

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by AvatarRoadkill.
    Participant

Hi Roadkill, did those sliders end up protecting the radiator and everything else? Did you buy the axle and exhaust sliders too?

Participant

Keen to find out how effective the frame sliders are in the event of a low slide as well. I have ordered the crash bars from T-Rex Racing for my 2020 anyway but liked the minimalistic look of the sliders.

Participant

Let me know if those end up fitting, Wingzee. The 2020 bike has a lot of slight differences from the 2019 and I have found a lot of parts providers are incorrectly saying parts will fit a 2020. The entire subframe is longer on our 2020s than the 2019 and previous years.

Participant

Hi Chad, my bike won’t be arriving till Nov but I have gotten an email response from T-Rex confirming it will fit, also mentioning that they have tested on their own 2020. We shall find out!

Participant

Hello. Well I ordered the frame sliders from t rex. Haven’t installed them yet. I’ll let you know, I also have fork sliders.

Participant

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I have those Evotech frame sliders too, I think they look pretty discrete and suit the bike.

Participant

was thinking the same & you can place legs there while parking on the side-stand while having chat to rider friends . i enjoy them and hope they do the job in worst case….I think i saw yours &  you decide for a different color on center screw … greets

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Great choice 🙂

Participant

Just received my 2020 Svart today. Yet to install theT-Rex crash bars but from visual inspection they do fit

Participant

I got the T-rex Frame sliders (in addition to the Husky ones for the front and back wheels).  The T-rex ones look fantastic and discreet (I got the black ones)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.