footpegs install

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Qwandree Qwandree 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jack Turner
    Participant

I just purchased the Husqvarna aluminum footpegs and I couldn’t figure out how to take off the stock footpegs to install the new ones. If anyone has any info on how to take those off and also install the new ones that’d be super helpful.

Thanks

ultramaroon
    Participant

I actually just installed mine this past weekend. First you need to take the little horseshoe-shaped clip off on the underside. I just used my fingernails. Then I hammered the pin from underneath up until i could get the pin off. Take notice of how the spring is inserted (the side that’s bent pushes against the footpeg, and the other straight side sticks into a small hole in the casing. This should all be pretty obvious once you look at it.) Then just hammer the pin back down, and put the clip back on. Took all of five minutes.

jk0001
    Participant

I have a set also easy installation.

Qwandree
    Qwandree

If you pulled the horseshoe clip and are having trouble removing the stock pegs, your dealer probably used loctite on them when assembling the bike. You can google up how to break that bond, but the most common technique is to apply extremely high heat usually from a soldering iron.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.