Footpeg removal help

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quick question, I am trying to remove my rider footpegs to replace them with something else. I got the “C-clip” off at the end of the pin which holds the peg in. But for the life of me, I can’t remove the pin?!? I tried various techniques of trying to tap it out with a mallet etc, but it feels like it is really stuck. Not sure why it even needs a C-clip to hold it in place. It is pretty much a new bike, so maybe the tolerances are so tight that it makes it difficult to remove. Anyhow, just seeing if anyone had any tips.

Thx!

rod frostrod frost
    Participant

I know this isn’t any help on the stuck pin… but what foot peg do you plan to put on ?

Note: on another bike I have (Indian Scout) I put on different foot pegs (Joker pegs) and changed out the pins with a small bolt and nut).

Participant

small mechanic steel hammer….and put more love! 🙂

they are stuck big time,

Participant

The footpeg pins are ribbed at the end and so then press into the frame. You need to tap them out from underneath after removing the c-clip. then tap them back down once you install the new pegs.  I just did this on the weekend

SHREDWORXSHREDWORX
    Participant

How can I install motocross pegs? I’ve been trying to find the correct mount size. Is there a compatible alternative like a Duke or KDX or something? I know most of them are too wide and the spring system is different.

Participant

The footpegs for a Ducati Scrambler would be nice, but I don’t know if it would be compatible

Ali alternative :

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Motorcycle-Pegs-Pedal-Footpegs-Footrest-for-DUCATI-Scrambler/32822544038.html

SHREDWORXSHREDWORX
    Participant

Yes. Exactly!

Participant

What did you guys use to get the c clip pins out?

Participant

after removing the safty ring

only Plastik hammer with moving ball inside /& flat grain

a towel around the alu frame to avoid scratches

also used before some spray wax to  pre lubricate

after approx 149taps of elbow grease  it moved out 1mm from here its only a few hits…

btw in case you install the racing footpegs the spring needs to flipped vs the stock position

important to use a bit sandpaper on the pin before putting back !!!

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

The rear pegs for me didnt want to let loose with the hammer like the front ones did, seemed like they just absorbed it.

I had to pull out a hugh pair of channel locks and wrap the teeth with insulation tape (no scratches).

Came out in a  jiff.

Participant
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.