Fluid Leaking?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I just picked my bike up after the recall and after about 50 kms I’m noticing this residue on the black down pipe fairing. Does anyone know what this is?</p>

JodieJodie
    Participant

Mine did this also. Was just the factory chain wax.

SvartGuySvartGuy
    Participant

Bit tough to scrub off, just chain wax thankfully. Lord knows we don’t need anymore “fluids” leaking out of these damn bikes 😂

Participant

Thanks guys! Got it off with some isopropyl alcohol 👌🏼

David BrazilDavid Brazil
    Participant

I don’t believe that is the chain lube – it’s likely the slave cylinder for the clutch that has begun to leak. This is not uncommon for this bike, and many have had their slave cylinders replaced under warranty. Like me.

Take a closer look. If it’s the slave cylinder, take it to the shop.

JodieJodie
    Participant

It’s just chain lube mine was the same after my first ride and got less after around 800klms.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Mine did this too (before the slave cylinder started leaking). I call chain grease.

Participant

Sent a pic to my sales rep he said it was chain wax…regardless I’ve ordered the Oberon clutch slave cylinder replacement to avoid the issue down the road rather be proactive and still ride and not have to wait for Under warranty repair because god knows I’ve waited long enough!

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Yeah, I think that’s a smart move

Participant

Hmm. I’ve got exactly the same an now the clutch lever is coming back to the bar with no effect. I pumped it and it regained use and then went  again very quickly. Then it suddenly sorted itself out. I’m going to speak to the dealer and get them to look at the slave cylinder.

Participant

They all do it, especially when new… it’s chain was indeed.

glad you cleaned it off before long, otherwise it picks a lot

of crap from the road

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.