First time bike, picked up a Vitpilen 401, need some basic info

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    fr33d0m
    Participant

The shop looked at me crazy yesterday when I showed up without having ever touched a bike to pick mine up, living 20+ minutes away.

But now, after spending 5 hours yesterday screwing around first in parking lots and then on roads and then the freeway, I cannot deny that motorcycle riding is one of the most incredible feelings I’ve ever felt. One of the funnest things I’ve done in my life. I’m in love.

Things mostly worked out, and the only thing I’ve really struggled with is becoming super fluid w/ my coming to a full stop and then starting again after a stop sign or red light. Feels like a chore.

So now to my question: Ironically, after not having any real accidents or injuring myself at all, there was one point where I was coming to a stop at the edge of a cliff-like area on an elevated freeway type road and somehow the transition from pavement to loose dirt/sand made the bike go wonky and slip out from under between my legs and semi-gently fall over once out of my reach. It seems the only impact was the front-brake lever, which broke the end off. My question is, if I order some replacement levers… are those something I can put on myself or do I need to take it into a professional? If so, how do I find a qualified professional and how much would you expect that service to cost?

Thanks guys. Amazing to find a forum full of people like this.

Pistone
    Participant

sostituire è un lavoro semplice e c’è richiede pochi attrezzi.. l’unica attenzione devo averla nel smontare lo switch sotto la leva della frizione e poi regolare la tensione del filo della frizione per adattarla alle leve non originali.. ti invio video di esempio..

fr33d0m
    Participant

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.