First service – clutch slave / engine oil issue

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Svartpilen 701 went in for 1000km service

Only issue has been the intermittent “CAN ABS Failure” cracked message across dash with TC and ABS flickering which does not seem to affect riding

Self supplied “Castrol POWER1 Racing 4T Motorcycle Oil 10W-50 4 Litre” which fufils SAE / JASO MA2 standards listed compatible here:https://rego2oil.castrol.com/en_au/australia/vehicle/4_Motor_Cycles/200_HUSQVARNA_4_Stroke_/46067_701_Supermoto_2018_2020_

Road test by dealer – they think clutch has developed an issue ; does not disengage on pulling in clutch – i.e. still coasting forward in gear when clutch in. Replaced slave cylinder supposedly same issue

Replaced with Motorex oil – issue resolved. Get charged for oil

Additionally – service interval only able to be reset to 7500km rather than 10000km

Has any one used Castrol or other product with any issue in the Svart/Vit 701?

• This topic was modified 6 months ago by Avatarsolace.
    Participant

i would not go to 10000km on an oil change, unless you’re only commuting?

7500 seems like a good average.

you say, “replaced with motorex oil” , did you mean the clutch oil replaced by motorex?

Participant

I mention 10k as that is what is says in the manual

The dealer replaced the Castrol engine oil with Motorex engine oil. It lubricates the wet clutch as well

Participant

Your clutch issue sounds like mine – was like that for a few weeks before it went. If the parts replaced were the same Husky parts I would not be surprised if the issue came back quickly.

Participant

It certainly does

Have you used anything other than Motorex engine oil?

Participant

I’ve got no idea what oil is in it 🙂 whatever the dealer use. Might be Motul.

Oil replaced at first service in Feb last year then replaced again as part of warranty claim for clutch slave failure 8 months later (they fitted an Oberon I supplied for me instead of waiting on warranty parts which were back ordered for a month).

Participant

Yikes. Out and about on my 2019 Vitpilen 701, 1500 miles on the odometer, come to an intersection, pull in the clutch lever…NOTHIN! The clutch does not disengage. I coast through on first gear, the quickshifter works, I get home, but the clutch does not disengage. Is this the slave cylinder? A warranty fix, I presume…is this the sort of thing we’ve been posting about, above?

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

That’s the slave cylinder.

Insist on an extra oil change for safety’s sake. We don’t know what DOT fluid in engine oil does.

Participant

Thanks, Max. You know, the Oberon looks good…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.