First maintenance

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Participant

No No, no worries. It wasn’t my thread, I was just trying to give info. I got my flat repaired at another dealer.

I got my service done where I got the bike. The other dealer said if they did the work it that it wouldn’t void the warranty, but they don’t have the software part of it and weren’t sure how to reset the service interval (they were pretty sure it was the same as the duke and would be able to do it). My original dealer hooked me up and I got a great price on the cost of the first service so I went with where I purchased the bike.

Participant

Some potentially useful data points. My (not so local) Husky dealership has quoted me $400 for the first service…pretty much in line with everyone’s data here. But my (much more) local KTM dealership has quoted me $160…and they confirmed it includes the oil change and valve check. The break down was $40 for oil change, and $80/hour labor (saying a valve check is an hour and a half.

Participant

@ultramaroon

then it makes a really strange sound which seems to come from the gas tank.

I hear the same thing on mine and I attribute this to the fuel gauge sensor, which seems to be a float that bounces around when there is more fuel in the tank.

Participant

I have the repair manual DVD and it tells how to reset the service interval light, you do not need a special computer for it. Unfortunately I don’t recall how to do it, and I am not at home to look it up.

I had planned to check the valves when I did my oil, but the maintenance schedule  did not show a valve check until 6000mi so I put it off for the time being.

Participant

If anyone is actually keeping track, my first service was last weekend. 1 valve out of spec, 1 right on the cusp, so had both done. All said and done, came in at $250.

Participant

Sounds fair was that at a dealer?

Participant

Yep. Max Motorsports (Husky and KTM dealer) in Pelham AL. A 2 hour drive, but they were closest to home.

Participant

What’s the max speed 401 svartpilen reachs after his first maintenence.?

Participant

@ultramaroon

I have the svartpilen, and i have the same clonking sound in my gas tank, 300km ridden when i checked. I’m pretty sure it’s supposed to sound like that.

Participant

Anyone did the first maintenance in the northeast. I am in NYC. Need a dealer.

Participant

People on Thumper Talk have said Central Jersey cycles is good.

Participant

I’ll be using Roost Power Sports in Thomaston, CT where I got my bike GorData.

Otherwise, there is nobody in NYC.

I had tried to convince Kerry over at Moto Velocita in Brooklyn (beside Union Garage) to also work on Husqys because she rides a KTM and like Husqy dirt bikes…

Participant

in NYC, about to call the bronx ktm dealer to see how much they charge.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.