Fan not starting anymore

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anyone else experienced this? I hardly noticed until today, engine getting to 7 bars on idle, and fan is not turning on?

Anyone got tips to troubleshoot? Hard to do when i cant have the bike running without sitting on it :/

Participant

Mine never gets over 4 bars. And when it’s on 4 bars idling, the fan starts.

why do you have to sit on the bike to run it?

Participant

Same here. Temps never go above 4 bars.

Participant

Check your fuse box OP

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by AvatarNeoRetro.
    Participant

The fan has a lone fuse, have you checked it?

Participant

Helpful

Participant

When the fan didnt start, did it have a high pitches eeeeeee sound?

SvartGuySvartGuy
    Participant

I had an issue with this a few months ago, fan just died randomly after the first service (around 600 miles). The bike would get pretty  hot at stop lights, almost full bars at one point on a hot day, even a bit of coolant overflowed.. took it to the dealership and they said it was the temp fan. No issues since, but interesting thing is that there was a rubber gasket that fell out of something that was lodged in the fan. I don’t know if this was dropped into the fan assembly during service or if it came off of the fan housing 💁‍♂️
    Also no audible sounds when the fan died since it wasn’t the fan motor that went bad but instead the temp sensor

SvartGuySvartGuy
    Participant

I had an issue with this a few months ago, fan just died randomly after the first service (around 600 miles). The bike would get pretty  hot at stop lights, almost full bars at one point on a hot day, even a bit of coolant overflowed.. took it to the dealership and they said it was the temp fan. No issues since, but interesting thing is that there was a rubber gasket that fell out of something that was lodged in the fan. I don’t know if this was dropped into the fan assembly during service or if it came off of the fan housing 💁‍♂️
    Also no audible sounds when the fan died since it wasn’t the fan motor that went bad but instead the temp sensor

Participant

maybe blown fuse.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.