F1E handle bar risers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bferrissc
    Participant

I had been looking for handlebar risers for my 701 that preserve the nice clean look of the triple tree – the ergos are just not right for me.  Just needed a little rise and bit of pull back.

Eventually I bought a used of F1E bars from NZ from another forum member who had sold his 401.

https://f1e.nz/oscommerce/product_info.php/products_id/735

Bferrissc
    Participant

The page indicates that they fit the 701 – but it’s clear from this picture that the 701 and 401 mounting is different.  I talked to F1E and they indicated that the local dealer had told them they were the same – and he was going to get a 701 to modify the product.

You can see here that the taper is slightly different, the mounting bolt is M6 not M8 and the set screw is in a different position.

Bferrissc
    Participant

That said, I was able to mount them solidly on the 701 using a factory bolt from my tail hugger removal and appropriate use of the set screw.

I’m quite happy with the position and the looks.   The expanding inserts allowed me to use the factory bar end weights….I did have to put them in the vice to expand them, then tap them into the handlebar and finish off the tightening.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Bferrissc.
    Bferrissc
    Participant

Jeffrey
    Participant

Hi just recieved my bars for a 2020 Vitpilen 701 last week and still the same issue they don’t fit tightly.
    The taper is to narrow so when seated in the triple clamp moves a lot from side to side and the OEM bolt will not do up.
    Sending them back to F1E to get a pair that actually are fit for purpose.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.