Exposed air filter?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mason
    Participant

Does anyone know if there is a kit for the exposed air filter like on the earlier display bike that had all the Husqvarna parts on it?

galavoxx
    Participant

I don’t think there is an official Husqvarna aftermarket filter kit. You can always run a pod filter but from what I have read over on the KTM forums, it isn’t going to do anything for power and probably will reduce your mid-range. I installed a DNA “High Performance Series” filter. It wasn’t cheap and without an airbox mod, doesn’t feel like it did much. There is more mid-range but I also installed a Powertronic at the same time so I’m not sure which one to attribute the extra power to. I can feel a flat spot in the lower end of the power band and I am thinking that opening up the air box a little might help. The air inlet is pretty small. I am wondering about drilling the airbox or modding it but am waiting to see what pops up online to see if that makes any sense. Since our airbox is the same as the 2018  KTM Dukes and RCs, we should have more options for more air flow soon.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.