Exhaust Opinions Please……..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Good day all!

Just bought my 2020 Blue Vit yesterday.  Still cold & snowy here so I have some time for researching some accessories.  I decided to go with the Bad Winners De-CAT link pipe and bracket set up (I want to retain the belly panels).  Ordered yesterday.  Now, I have to settle on the slip-on to complete the package. At the moment I have it narrowed down to OEM, Leo Vince LV-10 Black, or Arrow Pro Race Dark.  I’ve looked at the Akra, Remus, and SC but can’t justify the extra cost for what I would get for it.

My concerns……

OEM – Not that pretty, heavier (but the bike is already light), maybe too quiet (which may be a good thing after the CAT is gone). It’s free. I like the price.

LV – Seems like it would be quite loud.  Don’t see a DB killer in place or available.  Looks very good on the bike.  The Vit is compact….the LV is compact.  Quite inexpensive. I’m considering ceramic coating the entire exhaust to the can (black).  The link pipe and the can are separate on the LV and would accommodate this easier.  Mostly worried about it being too loud.

Arrow – May still be a bit louder than I want (but has a DB installed).  Looks equally good on the bike to the LV. The link pipe/can look like all one piece which would make it harder to ceramic coat without doing the can as well (won’t have the ceramic on the can). A little more expensive but still reasonable enough & I don’t feel like I’m wasting money.

The only Vit exhaust I’ve heard in person is mine yesterday.  Sounds pretty good for OEM. I’m just looking for a little deeper tone and a bit better flow to go with my PC-V w/Rottweiler map & air box lid removed.  I’m open to all ideas and experiences.  Thanks. Ride safe.

Mark

Please……no off topic hijacking or heated opinion wars over minor stuff.  Just looking for some info from those with more experience with the bike than me.

RiapaxRiapax
    Participant

Believe it or not, I actually think that the stock exhaust is one of the top 3 best looking exhausts for the Vit with the other 2 being the double cannister LV and the akro. The stock exhaust seems to have seamlessly integrated in the design of the motorcycle.  Having said all of that, I actually just ordered the Leo Vince about an hour ago but did not opt for the cat delete. Just the slip on. I wanted a louder but deep sound and I personally believe with both the de-cat and the slip on, the bike would sound too much like an ATV. I wanted to keep it classy. I chose the LV (single exit) due to the fantastic value, good looks and deep sound. I could not justify spending 3x the amount for the Aprokovic or the Arrow. They are gorgeous but not worth the extra buck imo. Welcome to the community officially by the way!

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by RiapaxRiapax.
    Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

I really like the stock cat under the engine, and the accessory Akra with the baffle removed. Hardly louder than stock when riding city traffic, and a nice bark when throttling up!

Participant

Ordered the Remus S flow for the SP401   &  have the akra on the SP701…

Participant

best one for the 401 is the Akra with DB killer out.

i currently have the remus.

had both Akra best sound hands down.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

This is a 701 topic…

Participant

I have a LeoVince LV10 slip-on installed on my Vitpilen 701 w/ the stock cat and it gives it a much better feel/sound while at idle over the stock exhaust. Also much cleaner look and broader low end power band for zipping around town.

RiapaxRiapax
    Participant

My LV10 comes in on Monday and I already pulled the bike in the warm living room to remove the old exhaust to prepare for the new one on Friday.

@iancallumdesign do you happen to be ian callum, the greatest automotive designer of the 21st century ian callum?

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by RiapaxRiapax.
    Participant

@Riapax Unfortunately not, just an fan who needed a screen name. You’re not the first to ask me that, I guess I should change it lol.

RiapaxRiapax
    Participant

Well between being a Vitpilen owner and an Ian Callum fan, at least we know you have good taste.

@mark
    what exhaust did you finally decide on?

Participant

I think stock is the best looking. The FortNine review draws out how the lines fit the bike (365s in) and it’s the same reason I haven’t removed the pillion pegs.

If I had to choose the titanium sc or leo don’t look too bad either though!

Participant

I bought the LV10 last spring, good looks, sound and really good price, and also, weight saving. After summer I bought an Akrapovic instead, since will try to get a bit more power out of my bike, preferably midrange. Cat is removed and replaced with arrow midpipe with BW brackets for the shields on the side. Also modded my airbox and put a KN filter so last step now is getting the PC5 and tune it on a dyno. I abandoned the LV due to it actually give the bike less power than stock exhaust over almost the whole range, with or without decat, the dyno charts on their webbpage also shows it.

To get some more power in midrange, the volume of the stock exhaust or for example the Akra is needed and for best results, even the Duke 690 Akra midpipe with the big chamber on it, in combination with a PC5 or similar ECU addon. You also need to let more air in from that side.

DuctTapeDuctTape
    Participant

This is a Remus NXT without DB killer and stock cat:

Participant

I know you said it was out of budget, but I really recommend the akra without the db killer. It’s how the bike should sound and looks oem but better.

Participant

Thank you all.  I am actually leaning toward the Akra or Arrow.  Still waiting on the weather to break and some rain to clean the roads before she comes home.  Ride safe all.

Still interested in opinions on this……….

Mark

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.