Engine sealing gasket from factory?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This is how my engine case looks straight from the dealer. I noticed that there is a proper green coloured gasket around the rest of that cover, but there is obviously some cheap sealing gasket that oozed out and it looks terrible. Is this how they come? It has 0km Sealant gasket?

SvePilSvePil
    Participant

Mine does not look like that. But i can spot very small amounts of sealing gue around the black rubber grommets around the cables. Factory may have been generous with the gue on your example. Sad and bad but i would rather tryed to wash it away myself rather than let fatfimgered dealer fiddle with it.

Participant

Thanks for looking! Yeah it could be from the cable area. Doesn’t make sense they’d use two types of gasket material… hope that doesn’t affect my gasket.

SvePilSvePil
    Participant

I think that just where the cabels goes thru betwen the block and the generator cover the green gasket does not fully seal. Then they use the black sealant as  complement.

I dont think you should worry to much about it. But i agree, it looks flimsy.

Excuse eventually bad english.

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

The 401 is like that too.

I watched them pull an excess piece about 1 1/2 ince long out of the front oil screen hole at the last service.

Perfectly normal.

Participant

thanks guys

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.