Engine / ECU shut downs?

This topic contains 44 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Avatar caluz78 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    abarth20
    Participant

We have the regular 95 and the 95 V-power by Shell. And I use the latter one..

It’s pretty confusing to have bike die on you while you downshift…

PDSOUNDS
    Participant

My dealer told me to only put 98 in it for the best results. It is easy to try without other technical stuff. Try this first I would say. Grtz. PD

Boxplot
    Participant

Well since my last post I have finally got a Svartpilen which I picked up 2 weeks ago. I’ve only done 200kms and have now just faced the issue of the engine cutting out upon just pulling the clutch in as well as downshifting. I notice my feet aren’t anywhere near the gear selector so I believe.

I’ve called my dealer who said for me to bring it in. But was wondering if anyone has since found the issue. I know fueling isn’t an issue as I only put BP 98RON which is some of the best premium fuel you can get.

I’ve noticed that my dash and electrics are still on so I can hit the start motor button on the fly. Today when I started my bike I also realised my text screen filled up with arrows pointing to the left.  Similar to this:

««««««««««««««

««««««««««««««

Anyone who has both trouble shooted the problem and fixed it do let us know. I am suspecting a sensor issue but don’t know exactly which or what is causing it.

Thanks

Aerthyen
    Participant

Look for the ignition sensor : mine was failing from time to time, causing these downshift-shutdowns.

Boxplot
    Participant

Hi Aerthyen,

Did replacing yours fix the problem you were facing? My dealer will be taking a look at it over the week and am hoping they come to some sort of resolution and fix it. However, I might just make this suggestion upon dropping off the bike if indeed your bike was fixed as a result of that. May I ask if you were also facing issues with the engine turning off whilst downshifting and or just pulling the clutch in? And if so how did you come across the fix?

Thanks

Katatonia
    Participant

All your bikes, are they 18′ or 19′ models? Did they change anything from the 18 to 19 model that might have changed the outcome of this? I have a svartpilen, around 360km so far. I’ve never had the engine cut out, but my fan stopped working and i’ve seen the CAN ABS FAILURE once, but only for a split second.

caluz78
    Participant

Look for the ignition sensor : mine was failing from time to time, causing these downshift-shutdowns.

Hi @aerthyen,

do you have the husqvarna code of the ignition sensor?

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatar caluz78.
    Zapf
    Zapf
    Participant

Check your clutch cables everyone.  Seems this happens more than once.  2 strands left for me.

My trusty local mechanic replaced the inner for me, and the Husky dealer was happy to cover the cost.

Svartpilen410
    Participant

this clutch cable thing must have started happening to a lot of folks if husqvarna covered your cost on the replacement. Mine completely snapped (up at the lever) back in the fall last year, and husqvarna wouldn’t cover the replacement because they considered it a normal wear part like brake pads.

looks like yours frayed down on the clutch side. guess Husqvarna got a bad batch of cables from their supplier, we should all be checking for fraying, both sides of the cable.

Squik
    Participant

Any news about final and real resolution for this problem ?

– ignition sensor remplacement?

– clutch cable remplacement ?

– modification of the ignition advance ?

Thx

caluz78
    Participant

Hello all,

i reply to this topic only to say that my dealer solve the problem only with ECU reset.

Now it’s more than 10 days with no shutdowns.

Julienlr
    Participant

Hello Guys,

I just bought a 2018 svartpilen,

The engine failure seems very dangerous,

according to topics we have to check :

– clutch wire

– battery connexion under the seat when engine stop during breaks  (how can we protect it ?)

– ECU reset ( how can we do it ?)

– ignition sensor, could someone confirme which sensor it is ?

Is it easy to change ?

https://www.sportmotos.fr/chassis-husqvarna/161366-cables-faisceaux-husqvarna-svartpilen-401-2018.html

Thanks

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Avatar Julienlr.
    Julienlr
    Participant

Has anyone tried to use a perfomance ECU to check if  engine failure disapear ?

thanks

Jarol
    Participant

I also have this problem. Ignition sensor and plug was changed and it got much better. But still sometimes engine cuts out at downshifting. Mine is a 2018. I run stock exhaust muffler.

What year models do you have who experience the same problem? All 2018?
    Do you all have stock mufflers?

You who dont have this problem, do you run aftermarket exhaust mufflers…? Later year model?

I live in Sweden.

caluz78
    Participant

I had this problem on my stock vitpilen 401 2018.

My dealer made a ECU reset and now seems ok, no more cut off after the reset.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.