Engine dies when downshifting into first

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, wondering if anyone knows if there’s a fix for this issue. Happened a couple of times recently when approaching a junction at low speed while coming off the brakes. So far the engine restarts fine but it’s a little un-nerving. Maybe I should avoid selecting 1st until the bike’s stationary?

Participant

Make sure your clutch is correctly adjusted, do you feel any shuddering with the clutch pulled in and stationary?

Participant

Search previous threads on this. No definitive answer yet but other riders have tried the following; software update (warranty), dash replacement (warranty), clutch adjustment (as above) and too much gas in the tank.

I’ve tried all the above except for the last one and I haven’t experienced any issues since, but I haven’t put in many km’s after the last service. My dealership even tested it and couldn’t replicate the issue after the dash replacement.

Participant

Thanks for your helpful suggestions. I think the clutch adjustment is good, there’s no drag and it seems to disengage as it should. Interesting you should mention the dash, the bike is only 5 days old but I’m unable to adjust the time clock….I’ve followed the manual instructions but it refuses to enter the adjust mode. Oddly, the two keys that need to be simultaneously depressed do perform their individual functions just fine so something is not quite as it should be. Took the bike out today and the engine shut down didn’t reoccur but I didn’t downshift into first until very nearly stationary. Guess I’ll make a list of things for the first service and warranty.

Thanks once again. Appreciated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.